Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my palp with the lightning on his hands and they are now at the point of touching the floor. Anyone else have this issue?

So the lightening effects themselves bent down? Are they like permanently bent? If so that's disappointing they didn't use really strong plastic; they seem to use it all the time on other pieces that could benefit from some give.

I would definitely consider Chancellor Palpatine as well as Darth Sidious. But that would be it.

PT Villains line-up:
Darth Sidious
Chancellor Palpatine
General Grievous
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Darth Maul
Nute Gunray
Commander Cody
Anakin Skywalker (Sithy)

I always liked Jango Fett’s design, Darth Maul’s Phantom Menace appearances were all badass, and I liked the Phase 1 Clonetrooper for the retro look, but I don’t think any other PT era designs really stick with me.

Sidious’s first appearance was also wonderfully menacing via hologram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the lightening effects themselves bent down? Are they like permanently bent? If so that's disappointing they didn't use really strong plastic; they seem to use it all the time on other pieces that could benefit from some give.

I mean, anything that long made of plastic will sag over time. Thats a given.

If they made it more rigid it would snap.

You can reshape them easily buy heating gently with a hair dryer, then get the shape you want , and dunk them in ice water....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Finally got my hands on this. First impression is that the outfit is simple but impressive and the sculpt is good but the eyes indeed should be more yellow than they are. The chair with the light up function is terrific, if there was any way to swing the deluxe I definitely would. I feel the extra hundred bucks is easily worth it.

Yeah, I agree with you on everything regarding the figure, sans the throne simply because I got the regular version, so I don't know what the throne is like in hand. It only took me roughly 10-15 minutes to futz him. Pretty simple figure.

I had the throne but ended up with just the figure and I'm happier with the fig standing. There's been some great futzing of seated figs here, but to me the fig really comes alive with the robes flowing and hands posed just-right in the upright look. The throne light-up feature was gorgeous though (even though I very rarely turn that stuff on) and it's so accurate sculpt-wise.

The display space aspect was also tricky for me - the HT throne is maybe 1/3 more volume/depth than the Sideshow one and it took up the space of two other figs and I'm nearing 100 figures these days.:slap:lol I'd rather display the Probe Droid, carbonite or the e-web than the throne, but it's personal preference whether the throne is as iconic as those other non-fig SW pieces, and I can more than understand the love for the seated Palps flanked by the Royal Guards.

I don't think there's any way to make it that thin but with a little bit of give(You know half the people who got a strong one would snap it in seconds).
Perhaps the best way is to balance part of it on a crouched Luke? Then it will stand up.
Just a thought.

Got mine today, very happy with him. Sorry if this has been solved already, I haven't been on in a while, but I remember people having issues with his feet dangling off his throne like a toddler. It looks like his base is meant to go under his feet in front of the throne base, fits perfectly.

Palmpatine 1.JPG

Did anybody else have this problem? I just got my Deluxe Palpy today and there are scuffs/smudges on the side of the throne. This is the third HT figure I've gotten in the past 6 months with a problem. Generally I wouldn't care but with a $300 price tag for this one, this is getting nuts.

IMG_0073.jpg

Finally got the Deluxe from Popcultcha here in Australia. Pretty good price since I preordered during their 10% off preorder period and used $50 off in pennies! Great looking set by Hot Toys!

IMG_1169c.jpg

Finally got the Deluxe from Popcultcha here in Australia. Pretty good price since I preordered during their 10% off preorder period and used $50 off in pennies! Great looking set by Hot Toys!

View attachment 439490

That is great.
Initially I decided to skip this figure so now I had to pay eBay prices to get it again.
How much it at PC? $400?

Back