Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what that crack is, but you got one of the few excellent paintjobs that includes the 'ass-spread' wearing on the cushions detail.

When I quickly glanced at your comment I thought you were talking about Palps' butt-crack-like forehead.:rotfl

I see a few posts about it being too crowded in a detolf with 2 guards and the throne. I’ve got it set up and it doesn’t look crowded to me.

d19f2e3c00919257edee60a7e293ac0c.jpg

Yeah it used to show up in the "you may also like " window of the standard edition's page...if that makes sense

Anyway my deluxe edition arrived today from Popcultcha, only had a chance to check it out briefly but I like what I see so far

As far as i could tell, PC only ever offered the standard Palps.
I searched through the whole lot of star wars HTs, many times, and never saw the deluxe come up for pre-order. Did it show up for you?

It was. I'm kicking myself for going through SS. With tax and the double shipping cost the deluxe was about $150 more than PC.

Yeah it used to show up in the "you may also like " window of the standard edition's page...if that makes sense

Anyway my deluxe edition arrived today from Popcultcha, only had a chance to check it out briefly but I like what I see so far

Nice! Gives me hope the standard isn't too far away. :clap Yeah, I remember the deluxe being shown on PC's site early on.

Got to spend a bit of time with Palpatine this evening...I was a bit worried about the portrait straight out of the box but once I got his hood up those worries faded away.

He's tucked away back in his box for now but as soon as I find a spot for him I can see myself wasting hours futzing him...a really nice piece in my opinion. And of course the perfect excuse to unbox my Royal Guards that have been patiently waiting on their Emperor's arrival.

Emperor and throne arrived yesterday. Figure is gorgeous in hand and i' don't have much to complain about on that front. Throne though, it's another story. i can't really tell if that's QC related or if it suffered from temperature/humidity variations during transport but it definitely doesn't look like paint job is meant to look like this. Anyone throne show similar discoloration?

View attachment 438922View attachment 438923View attachment 438924

Also spotted a large scratch next to the batteries compartment.

View attachment 438925View attachment 438926

This one clearly was overlooked by QC as there's nothing in the box that could have damaged the throne that way. Not something that i would normally worry about about but as i'm requesting customer assistance for the paint application i did report this issue as well.

Must have had the spicy tuna roll from the Death Star cantina. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase Sith lightening! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice shots and poses with and sans throne in here. Hope my deluxe ships before the end of the month!
Nothing for me yet.

Ok, just making sure it’s not just me. I’ve got some loot items that have been there past their monthly limit and hope to get it all whenever this guy finally ships.
My Imperials need their leader :gah:

Anyone who have this already along with sith Anakin and SS Maul could take a group pic with palps in the middle?

ha funny you request this, that's exactly where I have my Palps on the shelf! I'll try to take a snap tonight, but it's behind glass and the pic quality will most like be garbage lol

SSC says Deluxe are shipping tomorrow...finally...a lot of good an early processing notice is when the shipping part of the company is a week behind..

I wonder if HT plans to make a ROTS Senator Palapatine into Darth Sidious combo with the red saber :lecture

Back