Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey anyone have any quick tips for getting this guy to sit naturally in the chair?

Keep at it. Bend the knees as far as you can, using the calves to support Palps in the chair, pulling him forward off his backrest a bit. Bend the chest as much as the torso and tilt the head forward. Futz until he looks right. Draping the robes properly helps immeasurably in selling a comfortably seated Emperor so he doesn't look slouched.

Did anybody else have this problem? I just got my Deluxe Palpy today and there are scuffs/smudges on the side of the throne. This is the third HT figure I've gotten in the past 6 months with a problem. Generally I wouldn't care but with a $300 price tag for this one, this is getting nuts.

View attachment 439463

Arm wear. Someone else got ass wear on the seat cushion.

Hey anyone have any quick tips for getting this guy to sit naturally in the chair?

I just pushed him into the chair at the waist and chest area. It's the only way to make sure he's up against the seat properly. Plus it's pretty quick.

Otherwise his head will be too high, and legs/feet up even higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• pegs.jpg
    pegs.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 307
I truly believe the base is meant to go under the chair in front. It's no coincidence that his feet perfectly sit on it. No need for feet extenders.

I truly believe the base is meant to go under the chair in front. It's no coincidence that his feet perfectly sit on it. No need for feet extenders.

That works but I can't fit it in a detolf along with 2 Royal Guards. There isn't enough depth on the shelf so part of the base is sitting on the base of the chair, which kind of irks me.

Respectfully, I disagree. It would be integrated into the chair someway and the circular stand would be pointless. The fault is that the seat cushion was sculpted without guard that it would actually compress when sat on in real life.

It's less than the difference between the reg and the deluxe, right?

EDIT: yep, just checked -- $314 vs $220... so the chair would be $94. Save $14 by getting it from TA.

Got mine today, very happy with him. Sorry if this has been solved already, I haven't been on in a while, but I remember people having issues with his feet dangling off his throne like a toddler. It looks like his base is meant to go under his feet in front of the throne base, fits perfectly.

View attachment 439392
That's actually a glorious idea. It's not really meant for that, but it works out perfectly..not to mention you still get to show off the name plaque.

Back