Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is the link of the unboxing of the Deluxe Version from ToysTV

Cool, thanks for the link ! Firstly gotta say there's way to much focus on hands at the beginning :lol

But I like him ! Looks great. Funny to see what he looks like without hood on :) still a good head of hair back there !! Borders almost on sacrilege though doing that to the Emperor !! Am liking the look with the walking cane too !

Force lightening looks a bit long. But I guess it's more for when Luke is on the ground, so it can sag down and rest on Luke I guess.

Chair looks nice, even if he is sitting in it or standing with cane in front of it with guard to one side, still glad I ordered the deluxe.

Gotta say I am a more excited now. That's a good sign, especially once you've been in this hobby for a while.

Nothing to nitpick.. except maybe somewhat dull sith eyes vs dark side Anakin :lol gonna make the wait longer.

I wish we got a second sculpt but the one we get is spot on, captures both likeness and the character well. Probably my last Hot Toys figure as well.. unless some very niche OT stuff appears or they get the LOTR license down the road.

Fitting it ends with RoTJ emperor, grail if there ever was one.

Kind of a mix of PT Palps and OT Palps in this image to me. Reminds me of him looking down on Yoda during their fight in ROTS. The paint apps on this is amazing.

C9DCE9EC-B4A5-4AA0-8F6E-47F4A7157417.jpeg

Hep its definitively McDiarmid under the hood, I expect him to be a lot paler in hand then the proto pics, as he should be.

d71cdbfe399efbde1a09285dc67fb5ed.jpg

171cde2005cdd206a3bf7e55b59ec459.jpg

I’d say that’s about as close as we are gonna get.

I think it's the mouth that's throwing it of. If you look at the pictures Ian's mouth corners are pointing down more like having a sarcastic laugh and the Hot Toys version has a too rounded mouth that makes him look funny.

Even in this shot where he makes fun on set his mouth corners are not that raised as on the figure.
1a22a91ec5fc7e8964c5ad2ba010e596.jpg

Wow, I am very happy I put in an order for the Deluxe! Getting very close to having every figure that I have ever wanted from OT Star Wars. Just need Lando and Slave Girl Leia and I will be good with my collection.

Probably my last Hot Toys figure as well.. unless some very niche OT stuff appears or they get the LOTR license down the road.

Fitting it ends with RoTJ emperor, grail if there ever was one.

It's the last one...until the next one. :)

But yes, I was looking at my OT collection and the core characters are all there (except Lando). All I would maybe want are some aliens like Tusken Raider, Greedo, Ackbar, Nien Numb etc. But that's all icing on the cake. I guess they haven't done C3PO yet, but I'm happy with my weathered SS version. He's not my fav character anyway, too annoying.

I kind of wonder where HT will go once they have done the main OT characters. Hope they do decide to tackle some of the aliens.

Is the throne too high? In the video his feet dangle in the air like my five year old at the kitchen table.

Ah video blogger who do not understand a thing about video equipment.....someone needs to teach them about white balance and steady camera work......

Oh I forgot, all they matters is being first and “views”

Even with such a terrible job at the actual review, that figure looks outstanding.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Not a fan of HT’s promo pics for any of their releases....

But here they are, above links are broken.
c526ee280b3fc73f499ab06a36e2a9bb.jpg

ce6662329a83fb94f68b8c8b081cbe0c.jpg
3d988e0f72f2b61fefa42fc792301edd.jpg
286cd7b6e29b429e4afa7a6db8a99d7b.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

What are the chances that this robe will stain his ugly prune head?

The way things have been with HT lately I feel like I should run electrical tape along the inside of the hood to avoid problems in a few months.

Back