Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he needs to be slouching in the Throne more. It would allow his feet to touch the ground and make more room for his head under the overhang. Everyone poses him sitting up too straight. That guy was so confident he slouched back like he was melding into a couch.

I was wondering if they had pushed the base into the throne piece far enough. If not, the throne would sit up higher.

In any case, it wouldn't be a hard mod to cut a bit off the top of that base peg, so the throne would sit lower, then his feet will always touch. Add a bit of slouching in the pose too and he'd be fine.

"Hoody throne mod" right there folks !!!!

Like this. Would need to be a relatively accurate cut. But with some filing flat it would still work. Does depend how much gap there is between the bottom of the throne and the ribbed base. That will be the limiting factor.

throne mod.jpg

I have the regular on PO no interest in the chair. That being said if I did PO the chair I would have him standing in front of it. It gives it a more “*****S getting real” presence rather than slouched looking small, feet dangling and most of all hiding all the chair detail you spent all that money on!!

This is the Emperor we're talking about, not some Imperial lackey. He has to have something that gives him gravitas. His frail person does not connote his grandness... like a giant purple throne does!

He's too feeble to stand around in a detolf all day & night. Have some common decency and get the old guy a chair.

So we are assuming the guys who couldnt even futz the hood correctly had him sitting in the chair correctly...
These guys are after views, they barely tried to futz correctly.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

This is the Emperor we're talking about, not some Imperial lackey. He has to have something that gives him gravitas. His frail person does not connote his grandness... like a giant purple throne does!

I'm still torn on this. I love the character, but he's just an ugly old man in a black cloak with a cane. :lol Do I really need it? I do have the awesome Hasbro one in a box somewhere.

If I get this I'd rather display him with a lightsaber than a cane even though he never used one in the OT.

sw_012_by_dave_daring-d6vilsh-e1512248872663.jpg

Attaching the sith lightning would be cool, but I think it'd look silly on display like that as most of my figures just stand there in more like museum poses than action poses.

That's why I kinda like the ROTS Darth Sidious version better. I like the grey/black, and he uses a lightsaber. I know it's blasphemy, but I just like the look better. I have that SS Sidious/Palpatine 2 pack but never opened it.

I'm still torn on this. I love the character, but he's just an ugly old man in a black cloak with a cane. [emoji38] Do I really need it? I do have the awesome Hasbro one in a box somewhere.

If I get this I'd rather display him with a lightsaber than a cane even though he never used one in the OT.

View attachment 427816

Attaching the sith lightning would be cool, but I think it'd look silly on display like that as most of my figures just stand there in more like museum poses than action poses.

That's why I kinda like the ROTS Darth Sidious version better. I like the grey/black, and he uses a lightsaber. I know it's blasphemy, but I just like the look better. I have that SS Sidious/Palpatine 2 pack but never opened it.
I just sold the Palpatine/Sidious Sideshow 2 pack, but I'd also like to put a saber on the Emperor. Much more menacing.
2c0898c0822a26c5c998df145c1ab5b1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think this looks great. Bit of futzing and a good pose and he will look awesome on the shelf. I’ve ordered without the throne but two guards to flank him. The throne does look awesome though. Looking forward to everyone’s pics. It’s gonna be sweeeeet!
*Also, he’s going to be on a lower shelf because I’m working on 1x row per film in the OT. The hood of the chair would probably obscure his face anyway. There! Justified! Woo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's the mouth that's throwing it of. If you look at the pictures Ian's mouth corners are pointing down more like having a sarcastic laugh and the Hot Toys version has a too rounded mouth that makes him look funny.

Even in this shot where he makes fun on set his mouth corners are not that raised as on the figure.
1a22a91ec5fc7e8964c5ad2ba010e596.jpg

Is this a pic from the Ep IX set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mixed feelings myself, maybe my expectations are too high? But yeah...not liking the seams on the sleeves(couldn't the seams be underneath the armpits, too late ofcourse) The hood also has a unsightly seam and the overall look appears too small.
Hopefully i'll like it when i get it:dunno

Back