Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say that for at least 2-3 years now, the quality bar has been about the same. What’s stood out is the characters taken on, the number of companies in the game, and the price, HT rises while companies like Star Ace and Three Zero TRY to deliver similar quality for 2/3 the price of HT.

Yes, Star Ace and ThreeZero TRY to offer the same for 2/3 but unfortunately come up way short. They both have a few successes but by far are releasing a lot of turkeys.

Seeing how well the actual HT head came out, the notion of a neutral head with that death stare at the same quality is exciting to imagine, but our best hope would have been the deluxe set and no second head.

Speaking of the deluxe, wonder how it’ll come packaged since the throne will be so much bulkier than the Emperor.

To be honest I wish the throne to be made of solid ABS instead of resin/polystone, so many Sideshow versions arrived damaged.
I bet it's made of plastic and metal, like the figures. No idea why SS would choose polystone for such a large item.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm tempted to get Palpy without his throne and get two Royal Guards to go on either side of him.
I'm not sure he'll look right sitting down with the guards beside him and I doubt I'd ever display him by himself sitting.
Thoughts anyone? Is it a mistake to not get his throne?

I'm tempted to get Palpy without his throne and get two Royal Guards to go on either side of him.
I'm not sure he'll look right sitting down with the guards beside him and I doubt I'd ever display him by himself sitting.

If you don't fancy the throne at this point you can just order the figure and pick up Jazz's throne later on. It's metal so will probably be better than the stock HT version anyway.

Still not sure but I'm tending toward not getting the throne. I just think having him standing emphasizes that great sculpt a bit more, and it looks like he comes with some expressive hands (and also a HT body) that won't be much used in the "TV chair pose" of the slumped-on-the-throne.

Because they didn't offer a two-pack of guards, I'm probably only getting one. Just one also elevates the guard to being more than just backgrounders flanking the throne, Palps or Vader.

Back