Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say if you don't feel a clear need for the throne, you're better off not getting it.

For me, the throne is a part of the character, yes there were times he stood, including the Sith lightning scene, but when I think of the Emperor in Jedi, I think of the puppet master sitting idly and pulling strings with Vader and Luke and watching it unfold, and ultimately I may have the 3 posed together so the throne is part of that all. To this day, I still have my Hasbro throne and Emperor from the Vader/Luke/Emperor 3-pack.

I chose the Deluxe...

1. With the throne there will be some more iconic moments you can pose.
How about this one ;-)
Return_of_the_Jedi_Emperor_Palpatine.jpg

2. I don't think there are alternatives on the market, which are so movie accurate AND have LED light-up function.

3. If you have it and don't like it at the end, you can sell it and probably get good money for it.
BUT if you don't have it and want it later, you are probably going to pay crazy money for it.

I hope those reasons help you to decide like they did for me :)

The throne would be a cool thing to have, but it doesn't feel completely necessary to me. And judging from the HT pics there are far more interesting and more menacing poses you can put him in without it.

All good points sure. In my instance, I have a limited display space, so I am quite happy with a standing Emperor next to Vader. Used to have the Sideshow Palps and Throne, always seemed a bit bulky to me.

All good points sure. In my instance, I have a limited display space, so I am quite happy with a standing Emperor next to Vader. Used to have the Sideshow Palps and Throne, always seemed a bit bulky to me.

Yeah, same situation for me.

Still not sure on the HT throne - thinking continues.:lol

Yeah, same situation for me.

Still not sure on the HT throne - thinking continues.:lol

I don't plan on having him sit in the throne either, but for the extra price it makes a really nice extra display option/background, I'm thinking of it a bit like an imperial Astromech droid in a way. And so since it's unique in that regard it's not worth passing up on.

Yeah, okay... so you're talking me into spending the extra for the throne AND getting two Royal Guards!

Holy Sheev! This is going to be an expensive year.

I don't have room in the Detolf for the chair so for me it was a pass! I would never have him sat in it anyway!

I don't plan on having him sit in the throne either, but for the extra price it makes a really nice extra display option/background, I'm thinking of it a bit like an imperial Astromech droid in a way. And so since it's unique in that regard it's not worth passing up on.

Ah, shut up. Peer pressure. Bullies.:lol

All right, maybe I'll get the damn throne.:dunno

Wish it was $150 more so I could rant about $150 for a plastic chair.:lecture

Sideshow used polystone for everything back in the day.

And that led a lot of us to complain on their stubborn reliance on the stuff. Why make something $60 more expensive than it really needed to be? Though in the beginning, the stuff was actually really inexpensive. I bought a couple of polystone Sixth Scale two figure mud/grass stands for $15 back in the day:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=6603R
I really wish they made other type of stands at that price now.
Sideshow had a polystone quarry back in the day.

:rotfl Now it makes sense!

I went with the regular version. One because I don't have space for the chair, two because I don't think the expression works well for a seated look unless you're going for a display where Luke and Vader crossed blades right in front of him.

At the moment I'm thinking I'll have him posed with Luke's hilt in his hand when he was cackling right before the "perhaps you refer to the imminent attack of your Rebel fleet" line.

I find sitting Emperor boring, when he stands up that's where the real deal is beginning. So throne is quite unnecessary for me. Going with regular version.

Deluxe for me. It's just one of those things that you don't really want or need but it's just nice to have if you're ever in the mood.

I went with the regular, however if I did go with the deluxe I think I would still have him standing for a few reasons:

A frail old man using his cane as support looks more “Phantom menacing”, than in sitting position.
Emperor standing can display all the fine details of the chair you spent $100 on and would be covered if he where sitting.

I have the Sweeney Todd figure and I display him next to the chair. No way in hell I going to have him sitting on it covering all the fine details of that chair.

Also in the movie when he gets up from his chair that when we know ****s going down!!!

Back