Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered Emperor and throne. Will decide when they arrive what to do with SSC EX Emperor version and throne.

I would prefer another face, something like that

1204309-0emperor2.jpg

But I understand that smile is iconic and I have PO'd the DX version.

Prices for the sideshow have declined since the first images of ht palpatine have surfaced. Before both were going for $350-$500 but now it seems $250-$350 is the new norm. By the time the ht are released I have a feeling the price range will decrease even more.

Ok thank you :)
Do you also know if they mark the value of the item down to reduce/skip customs?

I’ve only ever got R2 from them and he was marked as $20. Since then I’ve preordered Tarkin, Esb Vader, Boba Fett, the Emperor and Neo from The matrix from them so I hope they maintain that practice!!

Ok thank you :)
Do you also know if they mark the value of the item down to reduce/skip customs?

I already ask them and they told me it's no problem to mark package as you wish. Shipping is about 50 euros, quite a lot.

Someone should go find and repost some of the posts from the past year or so on SSF where people insisted that no way could anyone make a better looking Emperor than the SS version. That would be quite entertaining.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a few people that seem to always insist the "improvement will be minimal" from Sideshow to HT. Not worth the price for a small upgrade.

I believe they always end up buying the HT.

Perhaps they meant that the improvement will be

f26d6038e090b44f40f01aed6f87e14e.jpg

And obviously, you can't get better than that... :p

There's a few people that seem to always insist the "improvement will be minimal" from Sideshow to HT. Not worth the price for a small upgrade.

I believe they always end up buying the HT.

I was in the "not buying" camp until the sculpt revisions were shown. Those turned me the other direction. I generally get the HT versions that come out but I also appreciate the years that the Sideshow versions of figures held down the shelf. Several years ago, the SSC Han/Luke Trooper looked pretty darned good. Now...not so much.

I would prefer another face, something like that

View attachment 392058

But I understand that smile is iconic and I have PO'd the DX version.

I like the current expression well enough (and expect it will look better on display when his head is more in shadow like it is there), but yeah that expression would have been perfect for an alternate sculpt.

I was in the "not buying" camp until the sculpt revisions were shown. Those turned me the other direction. I generally get the HT versions that come out but I also appreciate the years that the Sideshow versions of figures held down the shelf. Several years ago, the SSC Han/Luke Trooper looked pretty darned good. Now...not so much.

That 2 pack is still pretty good if you have the helmets on, but yes the faces are pretty brutal.

Guys... Timewalker Toys & Collectibles are amazing. I was able to score a 2 pack of Royal Guards and Deluxe Emperor. Prices are great, and if you pass the $350 threshold it's free shipping. You can't beat that anywhere! A+ customer service.

Guys... Timewalker Toys & Collectibles are amazing. I was able to score a 2 pack of Royal Guards and Deluxe Emperor. Prices are great, and if you pass the $350 threshold it's free shipping. You can't beat that anywhere! A+ customer service.

e53b329740066bdbbb502e91ed9ed23e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back