Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a few people that seem to always insist the "improvement will be minimal" from Sideshow to HT. Not worth the price for a small upgrade.

I believe they always end up buying the HT.

Guilty. I figured SS Emps was good enuf.

I were wrong, matey.

HT caught you again!

They're killers, aren't they? I feel like my life of collecting from 2005-2011 was useless, especially with Star Wars figures. But it was so fun back then. Less expectation, less disappointment with details. Bashing a good figure was so much easier.

Speaking of bashing... is the best we can do take digs at the choice of making the emperor smile like in a yearbook?

Joking aside, I think this might be better sculpt wise then Tarkin. Maybe even up there with Yandu. Absolutely amazing turnaround from Ed Harris, hats off to the HT sculpt team!

Same. Makes you wonder where the 1:6 game will be 12 years from now.

I often wonder this also. I wonder if it'll ever hit a ceiling where there's little room for more improvement, and the figures are pretty much as good as they're going to get at this scale.

I honestly think we’ll be making our own at higher quality with new user friendly tools and ideas.

Maybe making them ourselves will become as easy as downloading, copying and just printing materials out and putting it together.

Would make it more interesting.

Because, let’s be honest, the art of buying this stuff is obviously dying. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good point but i've usually tried to not get things that didn't look like it should which is why I passed on a lot of things over the years. the SS emperor was one of those things.

After this year’s offerings, I think I’m almost at a point with my collecting where all I’m essentially doing is merely waiting for updated versions of figures, with the exception of perhaps a few sporadic stuff that may pop up now and then. After an ESB Lando and a RotS Obi-Wan, there’s not really anything else SW I’d want. After TLJ Luke and Rey, I’m done with the ST.

I often wonder this also. I wonder if it'll ever hit a ceiling where there's little room for more improvement, and the figures are pretty much as good as they're going to get at this scale.

I would say that for at least 2-3 years now, the quality bar has been about the same. What’s stood out is the characters taken on, the number of companies in the game, and the price, HT rises while companies like Star Ace and Three Zero try to deliver similar quality for 2/3 the price of HT.

That smile certainly works against him when he's looking at Vader's package in this way...

27503218_1908069749265999_8764874945085348630_o.jpg

Back