Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a quick collage of some of the pics from this thread. From SDCC through to Tokyo Con. I'm not sure if he's changed much, if at all.

What do you think ? Lighting and camera angle seems to make a huge difference.

9b6b3c05834a488b5ba3d1855ebbf6af.jpg

Thanks for this. He does look a bit different. The change is for the better IMO. It's his mouth being less smiley. Instead of looking like a lunatic taking his yearbook photo, he just looks delightfully evil. Super excited about this.

Hmm....that actually looks pretty good. I agree, if the hood was brought in and the figure lit from above (which will be most people’s detolfs anyway), he could really look promising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So your saying if the figures face is covered up and hard to see it would look like the emperor? :lol

Definitively tweaks done between recent and early photos but still not there. For the prices in 1/6 these days I want Tarkin level sculpt not futzing til you barely see a chin under a dark hood. Hopefully they keep tweaking cause so far its been improvements.

Wonder if it's worth keeping my Sideshow emperor throne? I'm sure the hot toys one will be better , but my sideshow one has been paid for years, lol.

I know HT pumps out a lot of stuff and I shouldn't be expecting new stuff every day.........But I do !!! :)

Still nothing new on the HT FB page after 3-4 days !

Yeah I feel the same way. I make my rounds on here a lot each day, looking for new teases, announcements, and preorders. It's a hard life surviving on the breadcrumbs HT leaves for us. :lol

As the last two pr three reveals were Star Wars related, i would expect the next few ones to be either Marvel, DC or some other minor licence related anyway.

As the last two pr three reveals were Star Wars related, i would expect the next few ones to be either Marvel, DC or some other minor licence related anyway.

Yeah, I'm waiting on Justice League figures. Batman or Superman to get the trinity booked. I'm hoping one of them are next.

Just so long as it's not another Harley Quinn variant released next I won't go ape!!!

Probably the best I've seen it look, and while it looks better there than previous pictures, I'm still not really impressed. Just don't really think the likeness is there. The face just looks too wide.

Still not feeling this. I can't believe how far off Hot Toys is with the likeness, it's almost like the look one of the smaller non licensed companies would have. And I agree with the paleness comment, Palps looked almost white in RotJ and this figure is quite yellow

Back