Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still like the adywan version best

Lips aren't perfect, but then, neither is the rush job they call makeup for the emperor in those SE and EP III scenes.

I want the Adywan versions! That scene in the Ruined Editions was God awful. I have the Despecialized Editions, but I need the Adywan versions.

17f47af5329b8d42a54fd74c01f7bc97.jpg

I have a repainted one I found on eBay. It’s a little over done, but I like how evil he looks.

Same here might pick up those robes at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17f47af5329b8d42a54fd74c01f7bc97.jpg

I have a repainted one I found on eBay. It’s a little over done, but I like how evil he looks.

Same here might pick up those robes at some point.

I think I remember this one. I think you posted it on the sideshow emperor thread or something like that. I need that window display maybe next year as this year is tight with Christmas coming soon.

That’s pretty much a spot-on sculpt right there. It’s what I had pictured in my head when they first released that grainy photo of Howard and the line-up of the Emperor, Hoth Leia etc

yeah there was another member on here that did the same thing with his and it was awesome. so I wanted to recapture that same sculpt as best as I could.

I don't know why you would believe Sidious had dispensed with the use of his lightsabers simply because he didn't use them in the movie. What was he going to do? Wave them around to entertain his guests? Luke tossed his lightsaber away in defiance, so there was no one for Sidious to humiliate in a duel. At the very least, I fail to see how extra accessories are a bad thing, even if you don't personally display the figure with them.

We need this head sculpt expression!!!

Iconic scene.. Vader...Luke...the chair + this smiling headsculpt = WIN.

Jedi-3.jpg

Attachments

• emperor-palpatine-smile.jpg
    emperor-palpatine-smile.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
I am willing to wait it out til HT gets that sculpt right. This figure must be a hit.

The Emperor is another figure that looks much better with harsh/dim lighting like in the movie. The HT picture has pretty non-harsh, flat and bright lighting. I'm not a fan of the sculpt itself but it would certainly look MUCH better with the hood closer in on either side, more dimly lit, and with the harsh top light to bring out the forehead bumps as seen in the movie.

I don't know why you would believe Sidious had dispensed with the use of his lightsabers simply because he didn't use them in the movie. What was he going to do? Wave them around to entertain his guests? Luke tossed his lightsaber away in defiance, so there was no one for Sidious to humiliate in a duel. At the very least, I fail to see how extra accessories are a bad thing, even if you don't personally display the figure with them.

Canonically, the Emperor also went commando under the robe, but we never actually saw this onscreen in ROTJ.

Fortunately, the holocron downplays this.

Back