Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, I'm not very impressed with this. I do like the sinister grin for an expression, but the face just seems too wide for The Emperor. This and RotJ Luke would probably be the only RotJ figures I'd have, but it might end up being just RotJ Luke.

Yep, face is too wide and I definitely see Ed Harris now lol.
Honestly kind of a bummer for a figure that is pretty much just a lump of robes otherwise. You had one job, HT! Oh well, less money I have to spend lol

I want psycho angry at you beyond comprehension gonna electrocute you exclusive face.

One of the very few 1/6 figures I plan on getting. Just hoping there’s a cheaper “no throne” option.

As much as the sculpt is nit picked, he’ll still be the best 1/6 stock palpatine we’ll be able to get. And honestly as a child if the 70’s, toys dont have to be 100% photorealistic to the characters for me to enjoy them. The fact that they come pretty close is more than good enough for me.

I think that photo looks a bit better than some of the others we’ve seen. Not sure I need the Emperor though. Then I would need the Royal Guards and then I would definitely need ROTJ Vader. Just seems like it’ll get out of control.

Is there anyone who can tell Hot Toys the mouth/smile is just not evil at all. He’s the biggest bad guy. He doesn’t just “smile”......its gotta be pure evil !!!

Thats all they’ve gotta change.

An evil grin sculpt is good but more of a snicker would be better as well as a 2nd full on furrowed lightning-chucking one. This one is meh. If this is what their gonna release everyone'll be futzing to cover most of it up.

Points to his crotch: “you want this?!”

YYgaBVK.gif

I like it. I see Ed Harris too and yet...I see enough of Mcdiarmid that i'm still satisfied. He's a grail, so I must get him.

Its a very good sculpt.. of Ed Harris in emperor makeup. Sad, cause this figure is basically as stated - a face and just robes, its all about the face sculpt here.

Still hoping for a revision, id love to pick up a grail such as a hot toys 1/6 OT emperor but so far with this facial sculpt im not feeling it at all, the likeness is just not there.

Granted its a tough sculpt to get right but after seeing Tarkin I know its possible.

Back