Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been in the SW section in a while and I haven't kept up with HT's SW releases. My first impression of the figure is:
200v629.jpg

Remember they tweaked han solo before release. We may get 72 percent likeness vs 50 percent so far.

WAY off. Just inexcusable.

With that shot yes but I think they were going with the scene when luke first strikes with his saber when the emperor is sitting. I do agree that the pic you posted would have been my preferred sculpt but here we are.

With that shot yes but I think they were going with the scene when luke first strikes with his saber when the emperor is sitting. I do agree that the pic you posted would have been my preferred sculpt but here we are.

I see what you mean completely but it's still a huge miss.

I haven't been in the SW section in a while and I haven't kept up with HT's SW releases. My first impression of the figure is:
200v629.jpg

Shape of the eyes. Forehead bumps. Jowls. Entire width of the face and spacing of the features.

Agreed. I'm very happy with the Sideshow version, which is the exception of most things also made by Hot Toys.

They should just call Dice to send them files from Battlefront 1/2. 3D print, colors, done.

They should just call Dice to send them files from Battlefront 1/2. 3D print, colors, done.

Exactly. I said the same some months ago. The Battlefront pics look great.

Im really concerned were going to get a cheesy smiling emperor.

Please someone do something !!!

3bd8a201ed265324fc18d87d9a63bbce.jpg

His chin is way too wide and cleft on chin needs to be stick out more. Also emperor is grinning more than smiling. The corners of the HT mouth need to be straight not curve up like a regular smile. They seriously need to change that. Doesn’t help the cloak hood needs to frame the face triangularly as oppose to rounding like these pics do.

Its weird how this figure its frankly not very good at all when you have Tarkin by the same people being absolutely spot on. Too bad cause OT emperor rarely gets the 1/6 treatment but this is a easy pass. Picking up Yoda instead

Eyes are wrong. Smile is backwards. Chin is wrong. Colors are f-d.

qHxqoGG.png

Just to be fair, and not saying it’s a good sculpt, but you are comparing it to an image from a computer game. I believe, like usual, that the likeness remains to be seen in hand.

Just to be fair, and not saying it’s a good sculpt, but you are comparing it to an image from a computer game. I believe, like usual, that the likeness remains to be seen in hand.

The computer game image resembles the Emperor. The pics of this figure so far don't.

Hell... LEGO's Palpatine looks better than this... and more evil too! :wink1:emperor-palpatine-lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-85.1.jpgdarth-sidious-lego-star-wars-droid-tales-37.4.jpg

Attachments

• emperor-palpatine-lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-85.1.jpg
    emperor-palpatine-lego-star-wars-the-freemaker-adventures-85.1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 282
Back