Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to be fair, and not saying it’s a good sculpt, but you are comparing it to an image from a computer game. I believe, like usual, that the likeness remains to be seen in hand.

Don't understand your point. Computer game characters are also 3D generated. If EA or whoever can "sculpt" a good likeness (which probably isn't even their main talent), then why can't HT ? (whose main talent should be character headsculpts).

Don't understand your point. Computer game characters are also 3D generated. If EA or whoever can "sculpt" a good likeness (which probably isn't even their main talent), then why can't HT ? (whose main talent should be character headsculpts).

Judging by their MO, they can’t because they save superior sculpts for future releases.

#buyincentivemarketing

The computer game image resembles the Emperor. The pics of this figure so far don't.

I'd be happy if the figure resembles the game image though.

im all for critique but use the source material if youre gunna ***** about inaccuracies

and Hot Toys artists as far as I know dont 3D sculpt, even if they did they would do originals so they can put their name to the sculpt

You're missing the point. The computer version is a very good, instantly recognisable version of the movie character. What's the difference ? Also doesn't matter if it's computer 3D sculpt or hand sculpt.....It's all 3D.

You're missing the point. The computer version is a very good, instantly recognisable version of the movie character. What's the difference ? Also doesn't matter if it's computer 3D sculpt or hand sculpt.....It's all 3D.

they both look like the emperor to me, and If I showed my mom she'd instantly recognize who it is, sure a sculpt can always be better, and hopefully it is. EA also "Sculpted" Luke and Han like dolts, so who cares if they got 1 closer to the other, they arent a relevant source of refference

This is a much anticipated figure. So far it looks like a worse case scenario if it comes with this single sculpt. I would rate it 5 or 6 out of 10 at best. And as others have pointed out, the sculpt pretty much is the figure.

Sure you could shadow or hide the face in a display to make it work but it’s a really bad effort by Hot Toys. Even by squinting I can’t make my mind accept it.

Yep. IMO all they need to do is tweak the smile to make it more sinister and evil. Like the EA pic or as Lipsmack only understands it, like at some point in the movie.

That sculpt doesn't resemble the Emperor at all [emoji6][emoji23]
300d992eed4d1545d5b35bf93c6770ac.jpg

That sculpt doesn't resemble the Emperor at all [emoji6][emoji23]
300d992eed4d1545d5b35bf93c6770ac.jpg

It's ROTJ, not original ESB. Though it's weird to see that guy that's not Ian McDiarmad play the Emperor again. lol reminds me of Devo in a good way :chase

Indeed. I don't care what they do, but what's done so far doesn't resemble the ROTJ Emperor, while the game one does. I'm tired of Ed Harris as the ROTJ Emperor, we need McDiarmid to take his place already :lecture

It's ROTJ, not original ESB. Though it's weird to see that guy that's not Ian McDiarmad play the Emperor again. lol reminds me of Devo in a good way :chase

Actually it was not a guy. It was Marjorie Eaton who played the physical body of the Emperor and Clive Revill who did the voice.

f7e0e4f053373f679479263b4b18ff10.jpg

6020326b4e59b3e2b5aa6aa8a1e49810.jpg

fe76199f94f9a2d69987ae76ad757171.jpg

He looks so bizarre, I would love a behind the scenes photo just to see what the makeup was like in full light, it almost looks same as McDiarmid but his right eye looks like Stallone in Rocky 1.

Actually it was not a guy. It was Marjorie Eaton who played the physical body of the Emperor and Clive Revill who did the voice.

f7e0e4f053373f679479263b4b18ff10.jpg

6020326b4e59b3e2b5aa6aa8a1e49810.jpg

fe76199f94f9a2d69987ae76ad757171.jpg

You forgot to credit the chimpanzee that played the Emperor's eyes. In fairness the chimp should get some credit too.

I won't make my final decision until the official reveal, but this scan is disappointing. Palpatine is my favorite character and I've been very excited to see HT's take on him, but I won't be picking this up if he looks like that.

You forgot to credit the chimpanzee that played the Emperor's eyes. In fairness the chimp should get some credit too.

Am surprised Lucas didn’t overwrite that image in the SE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back