Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blown away davejames... do you have a painting background? Or did you learn through trial and error?

Regardless, that looks phenomenal! I don’t even like switching the hands on my figures let alone painting their eyes hahah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally the replacement robe for the Emperor arrived and now he feels very happy. :)
I futzed the robe a bit, no water treatment for now, and cut the back and the two inside stitches, no need to the two in front.

Hot-Toys-Emperor-Throne-19.jpg

What’s that Death Star light?

Finally got around to putting Palpatine in his chair. And also yellowed up the eyes and filled in the wrinkles to make them stand out a bit more. Although not sure how well that comes across in pics.

Looks awesome dj - when you say you filled in the wrinkles, you mean you gave it a dark wash to make the crevices more visible?

Dude davejames those eyes look awesome! Palps actually looks like an evil Sith Lord now, I love it

Tried to take a couple more closeup shots under better light. The eyes aren't actually that detailed; my main goal was just to make them a brighter yellow (or yellow-orange actually) since they'd be hard to see under the hood anyway.

20190507_230630 (2).jpg

20190507_230249 (3).jpg

Yellow up the eyes I just have the feeling he looks more like ROTS version than ROTJ though

Woah that looks legit! But DC is right, looks more ROTS than ROTJ (not a bad thing, I love that look).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm having a hard time deciding my next HT figure, it's either this or ESB Deluxe Fett. I have a promo code from SSC, on Fett w/free shipping the discount is super good, but I can wait on Fett and there's multiple versions (ROTJ, ESB non deluxe, Animated which I love). I want the Deluxe Emperor more since there's really only ONE ROTJ Palpatine but the price isn't as good. Do those who own it, or both, find it worth the price, especially for the deluxe w/the throne? I mean, the throne seems pretty clutch IMO.

That looks a whole lot better than the hazel color HT went with, dave. I’d imagine on display, hood pulled down without the light for the pic, that the eyes appear less neon and more ROTJ too.

Back