Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What seperates these toys from regular playthings is the adult appreciation for what they represent and the craftmanship that goes into them. Children are too busy making up their own mythologies to worry about capturing someone else's lightning in a bottle. To older souls, they're a shot of inspiration and a reminder to aim for excellence in all that we do lest mediocrity sap the dreams that remain.

They also look cool.

:exactly: Excellently put Frank. Im saving this quote. Its true in its every word.

It's just a matter of words and definition. To me, toy is a word widely associated with things children play with.

These figures are not meant for that. They are high-end collectibles made to be realistic and resemble what they are supposed to resemble (as said by Hot Toys themselves, they aren't toys). They are basically statues with the ability to change poses because of the articulation (some statues do have limited articulation and sometimes have fabric).

I don't call statues toys. But statues and these expensive and fragile figures have the same purpose. To be displayed as a piece of art. Not to be confused with a child's toy.

Only because they have articulation doesn't make them toys.

:goodpost: Well said Frank.

:exactly: Excellently put Frank. Im saving this quote. Its true in its every word.

Thanks guys!

It's just a matter of words and definition. To me, toy is a word widely associated with things children play with.

These figures are not meant for that. They are high-end collectibles made to be realistic and resemble what they are supposed to resemble (as said by Hot Toys themselves, they aren't toys). They are basically statues with the ability to change poses because of the articulation (some statues do have limited articulation and sometimes have fabric).

I don't call statues toys. But statues and these expensive and fragile figures have the same purpose. To be displayed as a piece of art. Not to be confused with a child's toy.

Only because they have articulation doesn't make them toys.

The figures and statues do share that artistic quality. Art at it's core delivers a vital message of some kind. If I were forced to make a distinction besides detail vs articulation, I'd say the true difference for adult collectors would be that figures grant the opportunity to have a little more impact on what the message is. Figuring out how to customize a diorama is really fun for me and makes me feel like I'm contributing as an artist.

Statues are awesome too. You can still create interesting ways to display them, but obviously it's much less interactive. Extra detailing always helps.

Last edited:
The figures and statues do share that artistic quality. Art at it's core delivers a vital message of some kind. If I were forced to make a distinction besides detail vs articulation, I'd say the true difference for adult collectors would be that figures grant the opportunity to have a little more impact on what the message is. Figuring out how to customize a diorama is really fun for me and makes me feel like I'm contributing as an artist.

Statues are awesome too. You can still create interesting ways to display them, but obviously the it's much less interactive. Extra detailing always helps.

Indeed. :wink1:

How about a 1/6 scale Ford Taurus OCP Police car ?
I would so get that and pose RoboCop just like the way he look on the movie poster :D

I was searching for a 1/6th Taurus the other night. Haven't been able to find many 1/6th vehicles at all really. A couple really expensive models, but no late '80s Taurus.

It's a shame as that would be one hell of a display. I love that poster...and how it later became the VHS, and Blu Ray cover.

In any event...does anyone have an idea about when to expect Robo and Ed?

How frackin awesome would it be to have a display of T-800 on the fat boy, Batman standing next the Batmobile 1989, (hopefully future) Marty standing next to the Delorean via movie poster and then Robocop standing next to the poice car via movie poster????

That would be one kick ass display if Id say so myself!

Last edited:
I dont think Hugh Hefner would give an rats ass about a bunch of expensive toys when he has a houseful of woman at his finger tips. :lol

At this stage of his life, Sideshow Indy has a better chance of staying erect on his own than Hef. He'd probably get envious. :horror

I dont think Hugh Hefner would give an rats ass about a bunch of expensive toys when he has a houseful of woman at his finger tips. :lol

Exactly, and he can pose them in much more interesting and exciting positions.

Glad thier releasing this version of robocop the new robocop version wont hold up to the 2nd movie reboot ,remake to me even if movie turns out good...Never can replace MURPHY ...I would love a 2 pack robocop version cop MURPHY and ROBOCOP with removeable helmet and pers either way long live MURPhy.......

AAAAAAAAARRRGH you bumping!!! :panic:

But yeah, soooo freakin can't wait for this :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back