Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i'll skip the 2012 movie edition figure

photo_l.jpg

I agree I'll happily skip that aswell unless the film somehow turns out incredible and persuades us all around to this new suit - I don't think it will though.

People hated the Batman Begins suit and then The Dark Knight suit and we saw how that turned out once the movies and figures hit. :lol

People hated the Batman Begins suit and then The Dark Knight suit and we saw how that turned out once the movies and figures hit. :lol

I don't recall anyone hating the BB suit.:dunno

But the Dark Knight suit on the other hand............

In the new film, OCP has been replaced with Stark Industries. This is the Stark Industries Crime Prevention Mark I.

I don't recall anyone hating the BB suit.:dunno

But the Dark Knight suit on the other hand............
i still hate both the bb suit and dark suit. the best movie batsuit is still the one in watchmen.

It's like a cheesy Cyber-Dredd. :monkey4 :lol

Wasn't Robocop nothing but I cyber Dredd anyways?

When I saw Dredd this weekend, it felt very much like the original Robocop to me. ie fresh and new and violent.
And of course there would be no Robocop without Dredd in the first place so it felt appropriate.

Wasn't Robocop nothing but I cyber Dredd anyways?

When I saw Dredd this weekend, it felt very much like the original Robocop to me. ie fresh and new and violent.
And of course there would be no Robocop without Dredd in the first place so it felt appropriate.
Yeah of course, obviously Dredd was the catalyst for him. :)

That new suit there looks uninspired though, generic Hollywood techy kah-kah. :lol

the original robocop looks robotic, like he's part machine. this new dude looks like a guy in a suit. maybe that's the intention, within the context of the story maybe it would work better, but still... design wise, it's just so generic. there's nothing distinct about it.

worse, it reminds me of the costume from the phantom tv series:

phantom-costume.jpg

the original robocop looks robotic, like he's part machine. this new dude looks like a guy in a suit. maybe that's the intention, within the context of the story maybe it would work better, but still... design wise, it's just so generic. there's nothing distinct about it.

worse, it reminds me of the costume from the phantom tv series:

phantom-costume.jpg
^ :lol Why have I never seen this version before - was the show any good?

I think i'll skip the 2012 movie edition figure

photo_l.jpg

I agree I'll happily skip that aswell unless the film somehow turns out incredible and persuades us all around to this new suit - I don't think it will though.

I'm skipping this too. So far, I'm just not impressed at all. :(

Yikes, what in the heck is THAT supposed to be?

G.I. Joe rip-off.

In the new film, OCP has been replaced with Stark Industries. This is the Stark Industries Crime Prevention Mark I.

Go Tony! :wave

There is no way that will be the suit. This is probably a super suit a regular cop wears. Murphy will get gunned down and then they will give him what we want.

I hope so, cuz that is just not "Robocop" to me. I will stick with my original HT Murphy version thanks.

Okay I kind of just skipped ahead to the last few pages but I have seen some behind the scenes footage from some great sources and this is indeed NOT the Robocop suit that will be in the movie. The one I saw was based largely on the original one just more polished.
Unless the makers of the new Robocop scraped idea and now are going with this it will be a disaster. This looks like something out of a cheesy 80s movie. I definitely have a good feeling about this new RoboCop movie coming out especially the fact that Gary Oldman is supposedly starring in this movie who happens to be my favorite actor.
This is one movie I am really looking forward to seeing as this was one of my favorite childhood movies...I hope it is not ruined by this hideous looking Robocrap suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back