Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a 1/6 scale Ford Taurus OCP Police car ?
I would so get that and pose RoboCop just like the way he look on the movie poster :D

Hottoys wants our vote! (Vote for Robocop)

https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscommunity

What is the best new announcement of Ani-Com HK 2012 for you ?

The Avengers - Hulk

The Avengers - Agent Phil Coulson

The Avengers - Chitauri Footsoldier

The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman

X-Men - Wolverine

X-Men First Class - Professor Xavier

Robocop - Robocop & ED209 Relaunch

The Expendables 2 - Barney Ross

We need alot more votes for Robocop! Catwoman has 188 votes, Hulk has 126 votes and Robocop has 60 votes

We need way more Votes for Robocop, so that we can expect more figures in the near future!

Just voted. The chair would be cool but hope it don't push to price too high:monkey2

Hottoys wants our vote! (Vote for Robocop)

https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscommunity

What is the best new announcement of Ani-Com HK 2012 for you ?

The Avengers - Hulk

The Avengers - Agent Phil Coulson

The Avengers - Chitauri Footsoldier

The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman

X-Men - Wolverine

X-Men First Class - Professor Xavier

Robocop - Robocop & ED209 Relaunch

The Expendables 2 - Barney Ross

We need alot more votes for Robocop! Catwoman has 188 votes, Hulk has 126 votes and Robocop has 60 votes

We need way more Votes for Robocop, so that we can expect more figures in the near future!

Hot Toys Community is a Facebook group for Hot Toys fans. There is no official affiliation with Hot Toys itself. That said, I voted for Robocop.

Man I need this on my shelf already.

One of my biggest wants since starting this hobby. SO pleased they are making it again and hopefully this will release not too far into 2013. :rock

073112_robo1.jpg

073112_robo2.jpg

We've had those images since the opening post. :lol

These ones just have the SSC stamp.

I know it's a long shot, but I hope Weller's likeness is included. I hope it has alternate heads and/or removable helmet with lower chin and a Murphy face.

The chair is a great touch. I just want the ultimate 1/6 Robocop figure with all the logical features.

I'm sure it's all going to be expensive, but, other than NECA (18", 7" etc.) and a few vintage figures, I haven't given Robocop the proper treatment that he deserves in my high end collecting. I passed on the older figures like an idiot, but then again, I'm sort of glad I did.

Will get a Robocop and an ED-209. I just hope for the above features (specifically Weller) and that they're from the first film.

Robo and ED look like the have the potential to be the best ever representations in toy form. But if they're not, well, then I just can't justify the price.

It's gonna be MINIMUM $500 to own the pair of them. Jeez, just think about that. And the space they'll take up is crazy too.

Why couldn't we have just gotten a 6/7 inch scale ED?? I have several Robocops in that scale but no ED to go with him...and that wouldn't take up too much room.

Damn it. Looks like I'll just have to live with my tiny Kotobukiya trading figures of Robo and ED and Cain...they are all in scale with each other and super detailed, but no articulation really and they are TINY. But the alternative is just out of the question I'm afraid.

I bought the Keaton Batman cause it was just perfection in almost every sense of the word...but that may have to be my only Hot Toys purchase....the prices are just INSANE for what are essentially just toys at the end of the day. I guess I've been priced out of the hobby.

In the end, they really are just toys. They may be artistic and collectible display pieces, but they are artistic, collectibles TOYS, nothing else. Of course we all have our own opinions.

What seperates these toys from regular playthings is the adult appreciation for what they represent and the craftmanship that goes into them. Children are too busy making up their own mythologies to worry about capturing someone else's lightning in a bottle. To older souls, they're a shot of inspiration and a reminder to aim for excellence in all that we do lest mediocrity sap the dreams that remain.

They also look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back