Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man am i excited for the new Enforcement Droid figure.

for those that haven't seen it...here's the unrated ED-209 scene from the 1987 classic:​
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMihmYf4WJI[/ame]

That was one of my many, many, many favorite over the top scenes from that movie. Good stuff!!!

I think i'll skip the 2012 movie edition figure

photo_l.jpg

Judge Batiron Mandredd?

Looks like a suit, not a robotic body. I miss the old clunker already...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBbEJVCCJQc&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Nice I hope they can get us a Peter Weller sculpt this time around.... and I die a little everytime I see the remake suit.

Okay I kind of just skipped ahead to the last few pages but I have seen some behind the scenes footage from some great sources and this is indeed NOT the Robocop suit that will be in the movie. The one I saw was based largely on the original one just more polished.
Unless the makers of the new Robocop scraped idea and now are going with this it will be a disaster. This looks like something out of a cheesy 80s movie. I definitely have a good feeling about this new RoboCop movie coming out especially the fact that Gary Oldman is supposedly starring in this movie who happens to be my favorite actor.
This is one movie I am really looking forward to seeing as this was one of my favorite childhood movies...I hope it is not ruined by this hideous looking Robocrap suit.

Oh, I hope you're correct for Robo's sake! :pray:

On top of everything else that is poor about the suit, seeing him with a human hand looks bleeding ridiculous :/
They could of really expanded on the design of the original instead of completely bastardising it. I blame Michael Bay lol

Okay I kind of just skipped ahead to the last few pages but I have seen some behind the scenes footage from some great sources and this is indeed NOT the Robocop suit that will be in the movie. The one I saw was based largely on the original one just more polished.
Unless the makers of the new Robocop scraped idea and now are going with this it could be a bad move...but we will not know until this movie is released. This looks like something out of a cheesy 80s movie. I definitely have a good feeling about this new RoboCop movie coming out especially the fact that Gary Oldman is supposedly starring in this movie who happens to be my favorite actor.
This is one movie I am really looking forward to seeing as this was one of my favorite childhood movies...I hope it is not ruined by a hideous looking new age Robocop suit.[/QUOTE

Well...it appears as if i was lied to. I was sent some pictures a while back showing the new Robocop suit and it was indeed based off the original...and it appears now that this Robocrap suit will be indeed taking it's place.
Never know this movie may surprise many and be great. I was not digging the suit at first glance...but after looking it over again this could be pretty cool...just lose the human hand and do something about that helmet perhaps.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm digging the new suit. In defense of the colour, cops in a lot of municipalities wear all black. It's intimidating, and it doesn't draw a lot of attention, useful when you're trying to fly under the radar. As for it looking like a guy in a suit, remember how stupid Chris Evans looked on the set of the Avengers? I'm sure it will look better on screen. As for the lack of bulk, perhaps the armour is sufficiently protective as thin as it is. I mean look at bullet proof vests. They're super thin cloth, and they stop bullets. A futuristic cyborg would no doubt be made of futuristic materials that are allowed to be thin without me having to suspend my disbelief completely. The one thing that bugs me is that nowhere on his body does it designate him as a cop. He should say police on him somewhere, or have a barcode badge or something.

I guess what really bothers me now really analyzing the suit...is that he still has a human hand and the worst part...the helmet. Other than that this could be a cool looking design...and no doubt a future Hot Toys figure.

I wouldn't assume hes got a human hand from those pics. Could be he simply isn't wearing the glove parts of the suit in that location photograph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back