Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I do play that game... but to be honest even though I know I'll be upgrading when the new Robocop hits; he is one of the few figures I would not want to be w/o until the new one comes. Robocop and ED-209 have been proudly on display for a long time and I just can't imagine a room w/o them... even for a few months :lol
I hear that. But I did sell my loose Robocop last year on eBay. :)

Loves me some Robocop, but it continues to amaze me how HT lives to announce new things and refuse to update on delayed licenses for those fans waiting impatiently

id hazard a guess and say ht will go all out on the robocain figure and even add in a working display monitor in cains head just like in the movie. The technology is available now led wise to do this which wasn't a few years back when they originally released the robocop figures.

It was inevitable! Just wow. So much money being spent in the year(s) ahead......SSSSHHHHEEEEEETT!!!

I didn't think Robocain would actually happen, unbelievable. They'll probably announce the Alien Queen next.

Yeah, I do play that game... but to be honest even though I know I'll be upgrading when the new Robocop hits; he is one of the few figures I would not want to be w/o until the new one comes. Robocop and ED-209 have been proudly on display for a long time and I just can't imagine a room w/o them... even for a few months :lol

I agree, there's definitely something of sentimental value to the older HT releases. I've held off on breaking down my BD T-800 more for the kitsch/sentimental value than dollar bills. And even if HT releases a Police Shootout T-800, I don't think I'd sell the 1st one based on that. Same with Robocop.

And I really can't get irked by any of the HT re-releases, it's an industry rule that you keep "upgrading" major favorite characters as time rolls and on and the technology (or industry as a whole) evolves. Learned this when I was 7 with Snake-Eyes when he came with Timber. :lecture

2012 will be the year of remakes :lecture

Thats nice but... Where the hell are the MGS figures? :monkey2

And I really can't get irked by any of the HT re-releases, it's an industry rule that you keep "upgrading" major favorite characters as time rolls and on and the technology (or industry as a whole) evolves. Learned this when I was 7 with Snake-Eyes when he came with Timber. :lecture
<< Lesson learned here with Power Punch He-Man :lecture

Interesting news.Im definately looking forward to see pics of new Robocop.

Robocop stuff including a big ___k-off RoboCain, more Predator stuff including high end 1/4 scale figures, 1989 Batman stuff including the Batmobile...and probably more Terminator stuff which I have a tendency to multibuy.....how the hell will I afford this. :panic:

I haven't been a big RoboCop fan since I was twelve, but I may have to get a RoboCain just because of sheer awesomeness.

Its true, at least it should be an upgrade and while I've never been bothered by the Robocop figure my mind reals when thinking of the upgrades they could do to him.

HAHA

i posted this a while back...

"Given the advances they have made with armours in the Iron Man line an updated DX Robocop seems overdue.

I would want...

1x Head sculpt
2x faces of alternate expressions of Alex Murphy
1x clean helmet
1x battle damaged helmet
1x gun holding hand
1x fist hand
1x fist hand with hole between knuckles
1x metal computer interface port 'spike' to magnetically slot into fist hole
2x hands with individual finger articulation
1x Beretta Auto-9 pistol
1x Barett 50.cal Rifle
2x chest armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x thigh armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x bicep armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x forearm armour pieces (clean/damaged)
2x upper back armour pieces (clean/damaged)
1x damaged arm (nothing below elbow)
1x OCP Robocop chair or diorama stand & backdrop
1x standard Hot Toys stand with Robocop nameplate

FEATURES:

Interchangable faces
Interchangable hands
Interchangable armour piece for variations of clean and battle-damaged poses
Opening compartment & mechanism on left leg to place Auto-9 weapon inside"

Of the characters that can use googly eyes, I don't rank Robocop in the top 100, considering in part that 99.99% of people are gonna display him with the helmet on anyway. Having said that, I wouldn't have included Luke Skywalker in that list, either.

Since Hot Toys started out smaller in size and liscenses (and had pretty pricy figures even at that time), no one expected them to go on a re-releases spree like any normal toy company that produces more "accessible" toys. Now they are bigger, and have a larger collectors base...I guess it was coming. Maybe this will help drive down the after market price, a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back