Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted this on FB, but I really, really raised my arms and screamed:"YES...AWESOME...CAIN....YEAH!!!!"
Even though I know, like before, it´s gonna be one hell of an expensive year.^^

I see a t 800 endo maybe 1 4 scale in the backround and is that anothber iron man in the picture?gold version?

I've been expecting HT to announce this ever since there been nailing there Iron Man figures. This shouldn't be anything less than awesome. I was planning on just collecting Preds but I think I can make room for a Robocop & Cain :) I've got a feeling HT will have a few more Robocops coming out after they release this to.

i will buy the new robocop

and display the old one with the jet pack

We knew Robocop update was coming with some news awhile back that HT had picked up the Robocop license again, but Cain is a pleasant surprise. I'll pass on what will no doubt be a $450+ figure, but still cool.

Last edited:
If anything could benefit from HT's technology and technique updates, it's this one. The current one is way overpriced for the quality of it.

I have zero interest in Cain... the movie sucked ass and the aside from looking cool; Cain was a dud.

Now, an updated Robocop is very intriguing and if we get a Boddicker I'll be stoked :rock

EDIT: And slightly annoyed they are making another Robocop so long after the originals sold out... but at this point I've come to expect HT will re-release/update any and all figures.

I have zero interest in Cain... the movie sucked ass and the aside from looking cool; Cain was a dud.

Now, an updated Robocop is very intriguing and if we get a Boddicker I'll be stoked :rock

EDIT: And slightly annoyed they are making another Robocop so long after the originals sold out... but at this point I've come to expect HT will re-release/update any and all figures.

I love the re-releases. Better prices for better figures. Now if they will just redo the Hicks, Hudson and Ripley.

I'm of two minds, I do love the upgraded quality... but as someone who generally already owns these figures I'm left with deciding between selling the figures I have to upgrade, or having 2 of something.

Generally I'll sell off the old, but kind of a kick in the nuts when last week I could have sold Robo for $450, and now I get to watch the price steadily drop.

I love the re-releases. Better prices for better figures.

:goodpost::lecture:lecture:lecture

No need to whine about once you left a pile of money for the figure which wasn't worth it and now it's goin to be rereleased with 10x better Q and sells for the normal price. There was a tons of prerequisites for all this reissues and the only thing you had to do is wait patiently.

388247_10150451380217344_58690437343_8831049_173274889_n.jpg

384450_10150451380332344_58690437343_8831050_581531539_n.jpg
To clarify what I'm looking at here, the Robocop in plain view is their original release, the Caine is a paper cutout to show scale, and the blurred out green Robocop with the "targeting" sights on it is likely the new figure? Correct?

To clarify what I'm looking at here, the Robocop in plain view is their original release, the Caine is a paper cutout to show scale, and the blurred out green Robocop with the "targeting" sights on it is likely the new figure? Correct?

That's my guess :huh

Really hope the new Robocop has an accurate/full reveal sculpt with the detail on the back of his head.

And even better if its a DX style we could get swappable pieces to go from a clean and new look to final battle :rock

This definitely means that Cain is in development and we have been waiting a long time for this. The next best thing that we had to work with was the Kotobukiya One Coin PVC Trading Figure. As good as that looked, it was only 3" tall. I am ridiculously happy about this.

I'm of two minds, I do love the upgraded quality... but as someone who generally already owns these figures I'm left with deciding between selling the figures I have to upgrade, or having 2 of something.

Generally I'll sell off the old, but kind of a kick in the nuts when last week I could have sold Robo for $450, and now I get to watch the price steadily drop.
To avoid this, you've gotta actively try to anticipate what HT is gonna do next before the official announcement is made. We get hints. Last year's news that HT, along with several other companies had acquired this license; seeing the new Predator body for an exclusive con release along with vague suggestions that the "Classic" version was coming; suggestions on Facebook that a new Mark I was in the pipeline, chalked up by some to a typo; knowledge that HT has a Nolan Batman fetish and that Batman wears the DX-02 suit in the new film, etc.

Yeah, I do play that game... but to be honest even though I know I'll be upgrading when the new Robocop hits; he is one of the few figures I would not want to be w/o until the new one comes. Robocop and ED-209 have been proudly on display for a long time and I just can't imagine a room w/o them... even for a few months :lol

Metal Gear Solid
Predator
Dark Knight Rises
Amazing Spiderman
Avengers

NOW ROBOCOP!!!

PICK AND CHOOSE JUST TOOK ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back