Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man this sculpt needs some major tweaking. Sure some figures like Blade and Wolverine aren't exact likeness, but when I look at them, I know who they're supposed to be even without previous knowledge. I'm having a hard time seeing Jake in this sculpt.

The headsculpt isn't accurate at all, but it actually looks more like it should than in the movie. Jake Gyllenhaal really doesn't look the part; this figure does.

Im personally ok with the head sculpt not looking EXACTLY like Jake Gyllenhaal. There have been so many different incarnations of the "Prince of Persia" in video games & photos alike. So therefore you really cant go wrong when dealing with such a character!

The outfit is definitely on point. Very detailed!.....

Nah, this type of thinking will only make Hot Toys not try their absolute best when it comes to video game characters. We are not talking about the character in the game, we are talking about the character from the film. We need to make sure Hot Toys understands when a likeness if off, not try and let it slide for any reason. Especially from Kojun, I expected much more. In fact, Hot Toys already did a good Gyllenhaal sculpt which I own, so I don't get what went wrong.
HTTACP-propic-comset.jpg

The headsculpt isn't accurate at all, but it actually looks more like it should than in the movie. Jake Gyllenhaal really doesn't look the part; this figure does.

Even so this should resemble the actor, and its hot toys duty to make that happen. Yuli,Gox or So young lee could do a better job then this, kojun is overrated imo.

I might pick one up as a stand in for the video game version. Chances are this figure isn't going to sell well so hopefully the prices will become low on the secondary market.

Even so this should resemble the actor, and its hot toys duty to make that happen. Yuli,Gox or So young lee could do a better job then this, kojun is overrated imo.

Kojun has his moments... Aldo Raine has incredible likeness, up there with Hot Toys' best. I don't know if it's because the movie flopped along with their effort, but he could have done better with the Prince...

I think the hair is whats making this figure look ten times worse than it already is, its like hes wearing a bicycle helmet.

Last edited:
The problem with Kojun's sculpt is he watch too much anime/manga :panic:

This look alot better

1006182119f051fe7b2b6d058f.jpg

That does look better. The hair color and eye brows look good in that photo modification. The eyes could still use some work.

Great tweaks OMG! with few touches the figure has improve a lot!
this is for you HT! you have a Name guys so mr Kojun!
this prince needs another head for sure.
I wonder if HT has too many figures scheduled...too much work?
however Sarah Connor has some flaws too in the proto, they revised the face before the official release and she is beautyful imo.
C'mon HT

I cannot get past the hair. It makes the head look way off, then come the eyes (looks like deer in headlights) :horror Eh well, HT is aloud a miss now and then.

I think the figure warrants a new sculpt but HT's call. As it stands, it is an easy pass. The figure has many strong qualities which a better sculpt would warrant strong consideration for a purchase.

The problem with Kojun's sculpt is he watch too much anime/manga :panic:

:lol know exactly what you mean!

Just working off that pic you did:
(I think you nailed the eye brows)

1006182119f051fe7b2b6d058fd.jpg

Just adjusted the lips, Gyllenhaal doesn't have the pronounced point in the center of his upper lip; and adjusted the nose slightly.

Anyway, its just playing really, the trouble with these adjustments is that you are really just painting on top of a 2D image, it's not so simple in 3D

But we know you can do it Kojun!
Go Kojun!

He doesnt look that much like the actor for now... looks lil bit like chris klein for me ...

:lol know exactly what you mean!

Just working off that pic you did:
(I think you nailed the eye brows)

1006182119f051fe7b2b6d058fd.jpg

Just adjusted the lips, Gyllenhaal doesn't have the pronounced point in the center of his upper lip; and adjusted the nose slightly.

Anyway, its just playing really, the trouble with these adjustments is that you are really just painting on top of a 2D image, it's not so simple in 3D

But we know you can do it Kojun!
Go Kojun!

Fix it to look like this and I'm 100% sold. Great tweaks both of you.:goodpost:

Anyone else loose complete interest in this fig since the announcement of the Assassins Creed 2 license? ..is sure did.

Back