Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so close. I think it's the eyes. Kojun's Mech Test Tony Stark sculpt had the same problem. The eyes weren't right.

HTPoPJakecomp.jpg

definitely the eyes, but also the mouth and nose abit off.

Was the movie good enough to even get this figure, let alone worry about the likeness?

An eternal question. Did you ask the same when the Terminator Salvation figures or Abigail Whistler or Perseus or the Spirit were first shown?

...Or Iron Man 2. Oh snap.

Thats Frank out of "Shameless"(UK Readers only)

Scatter!! Paaaaaaaaaaaarty! :lol

frankgallagher_280_501841a.jpg

Yeah the hair does look a bit like Franks :lol

Looks pretty good but I'm not blown away, and the hair looks like a helmet or bad wig placed on top. I have no love for the franchise and no intention of seeing the movie so this was always going to be an easy pass but even so, I'm not wowed by it or have the feel to want it regardless.

Doesnt look good,the sideshow pf likeness is better

I had hopes based on the teasers but like everyone else, I agree the sculpt is off. On a lighter note, the tailoring looks exceptional but an easy pass.

Where is Jake, alas, he is not quite here... :monkey2

I can see the resemblance in the close ups, but I think the outside of his eye brows stay down when he frowns, and he certainly does not have that 'v' point in the middle of his upper lip.

Plus his eyes are usually a bit more, y'know, doe-y.
Superb costuming and accessories though.

Its both the eyes and the mouth being off. The scar seems overly pronounced too. Its like a lot of Kojun's sculpts, good representation of the character but not the actor playing them. In regards to the body, I would rather see them use this body even though its not really the correct build for the actor then the alternative which is either a bobble head or stiff neck truetype with no detail in the arms, shoulders or neck.

If they change the headsculpt i will buy it...for now it's an easy pass...the acessories and tailoring is top but the headsculpt is off.

Its such a shame that all that awesome tailoring has gone 2 waist due to the weak sculpt ..hot toys better change this if they want this figure to sell.

Back