Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else loose complete interest in this fig since the announcement of the Assassins Creed 2 license? ..is sure did.

A little bit, mostly because I'm just so excited for the AC figure, so that stole a bit of this guys thunder. These two will display nicely together though, so I'm still looking forward to it.

You guys are frickin' crazy. I doubt anything could avoid criticism from this forum. This looks exactly like the actor in character and people are calling it a bad sculpt? I'm not surprised sculptors refuse to come near this forum.

I'm excited by AC2 license, but I still am more eager for this figure.
Largely because Jake Gyllenhaal is so hot, it's one of the reasons I liked the film and was excited about this figure, but the likeness on this one is really distressing that.

You guys are frickin' crazy. I doubt anything could avoid criticism from this forum. This looks exactly like the actor in character and people are calling it a bad sculpt? I'm not surprised sculptors refuse to come near this forum.

I'll give you your subjective assessment (as are ours) of the sculpt. I think it needs some work, yes. If we're crazy, then you're blind. Sometimes crazy people have their moments of clarity.

It doesn't look enough like Jake, and going by the many many comments in this thread, a lot of folks don't think so either.

HTPoPJakecomp.jpg

Last edited:
Dave if you think the HT sculpt is so perfect, then what say you of Sideshow's PF? Because Sideshow's sculpt looks very different compared to HT's.

Usually i'd be inclined to agree but I think criticism was bound to happen after the reveal of this figure. The likeness is very poor in my opinion. It's evident when Hot Toys get it right, the T2 T-800 thread being a good example.

Usually i'd be inclined to agree but I think criticism was bound to happen after the reveal of this figure. The likeness is very poor in my opinion. It's evident when Hot Toys get it right, the T2 T-800 thread being a good example.

:lecture

Took the words right out of my mouth. Generally speaking I'm annoyed by the negativity and over-criticism around here but this is, IMO, the least accurate HT sculpt I can think of. Just a bland heroic-type with very little of JG's easily identifiable goofy mug.

:exactly: I stated it earlier the sculpt is decent but the hair is too thick (bulky) given him a mushroom head. Perhaps another hair style :lol

If they would fix the hair im sure it would help somewhat. But what a poor execution by Hot toys this time around. But his clothing still looks excellent and is probably the only reason Ill buy this figure.

If they would fix the hair im sure it would help somewhat. But what a poor execution by Hot toys this time around. But his clothing still looks excellent and is probably the only reason Ill buy this figure.

I agree 100% regarding the clothing / accessories. I can see the actor in the sculpt just not 100%. A re-sculpt will ultimately delay the figure and perhaps affect something else's release so I am hesitant to jump on that bandwagon. Perhaps he will turn out like Wolverine and be a knock out without a touch up but I will wait until production pics released before deciding to purchase.

I agree 100% regarding the clothing / accessories. I can see the actor in the sculpt just not 100%. A re-sculpt will ultimately delay the figure and perhaps affect something else's release so I am hesitant to jump on that bandwagon. Perhaps he will turn out like Wolverine and be a knock out without a touch up but I will wait until production pics released before deciding to purchase.

I'll definitely be waiting to see the in-hand pictures before I decide whether or not to purchase it. But considering the movie didnt so well Im hoping I can find a great deal on him in the secondary market. Im hoping the In-hand pics will look better.

I'll definitely be waiting to see the in-hand pictures before I decide whether or not to purchase it. But considering the movie didnt so well Im hoping I can find a great deal on him in the secondary market. Im hoping the In-hand pics will look better.

BINGO. I anticipate this won't be too difficult to find after release (unless HT revisits the sculpt) with the dings it is taking.

I haven't seen the film either but I am going to try tomorrow. I may not like the film or character and it all be for naught. :panic:

I honestly think that the T2 Arnie sculpt only looks good from certain angles. I think Darren Carnells T1 & T2 are more spot on than Hot Toys. With that said, I think this sculpt does the same as the T2 sculpt, only looks good from certain angles. I'm still gonna buy it though. I loved the games and movie.

I agree with you to some respects. I do think that LOTS of ppl are being waaaay too harsh on this guy. I mean to say it's the worst sculpt ever! Ha! No way! I mean I'm a huge superman fan. Way more than any other character. But the V1 Superman Returns and the 2-in-1 Versions looked waaaay worse than this guy. This has more of JG in it than those had Brandon Routh. Just saying that there have been worse sculpts than this. I know I'm probably going to get burned for this one but v1 joker looked NOTHING like Heath in character. It was a great sculpt but had no resemblence to Heath what so ever

I honestly think that the T2 Arnie sculpt only looks good from certain angles. I think Darren Carnells T1 & T2 are more spot on than Hot Toys. With that said, I think this sculpt does the same as the T2 sculpt, only looks good from certain angles. I'm still gonna buy it though. I loved the games and movie.
Darren's T2 sculpts were great when he 1st did them and still are but I don't think there are any sculpts of Arnie at this scale these days that come close to Hot Toys' version.

It was mentioned, but that neck is getting more and more distracting... it's obscenely massive.

Darren's T2 sculpts were great when he 1st did them and still are but I don't think there are any sculpts of Arnie at this scale these days that come close to Hot Toys' version.

Well if we're talking about any arnie sculpt then yes I think the Hot toys Dutch sculpt is the best. Just for saying sake, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything. I think everyone is going to have their own opinions, which is what we're all doing. I'm not gonna lie, the realism that hot toys puts into these things is amazing, which is why I don't critisize these sculpts so much. Some critism is necessary, that's how we got the DX versions IMO. But I think some ppl expect waaay too much from these things at this scale. Like I said before, this sculpt isn't nearly as bad as other's we've seen from hot toys

Back