Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every things looks great except for the sculpt. Kojun ... :gah::cuckoo::slap:cuckoo::gah:

With the size of his eyes... It could have been easily adapted with PERS...

THAT would be AWESOME!

Was the movie good enough to even get this figure, let alone worry about the likeness?

I think the movie was pretty good. It's a good watch. I loved the parkour stuff.

I think you could see the likeness there. Is it spot on? No. but Hot Toys rarely get's likenesses spot on. I'll be pre-ordering this figure. What sucks though is that I'll have to pre-order 2 cause of the spare outfit.

What sucks though is that I'll have to pre-order 2 cause of the spare outfit.

I really don't get why people waste money on buying 2 of 1 figure:dunno..for reason like that ..why don't you choose the one you like best and if you want change it every so often, spend the money on an other figure, but i guess hot toys know there are people like you out there and thats why the gave him the extra set of clothing.

I buy two of one figure if they have two different headsculpts... but it's great when there are figures where I just need an extra body like MJ Thriller and DX Joker.

Someone is actually considering buying two of this figure to display both ways? :(

Needs bigger eyes and I think the likeness would be better. Fuller beard too.

Great figure , but fail some parts of the sculpt. The biggest problem is clearly in the eyes and mouth, the eyes should be larger.

And this?? (Hair, daggers and line color of the pants)

4711255031_b5746f9c30_b.jpg

006+(1).jpg

What did I say about Hot Toys and eyes??!:gah:

They do tend to loose it around the eyes. They need to be bigger.
They always leave too much white at the bottom of the eye! who's eyes do that?

The lower face is great. But the hair and the eyes is what lets this down a bit.

The hair just needs to be restyled with more parts and set further away from the face.

Repainting the eyes and shaping up the hair can easily improve this one I think.

As good as Hot Toys are, they often have pretty off likenesses. The headsculpts are great with all the painting, detailing etc, but as I say the likenesses are sometimes off. Case in point, this figure :lecture

Not really seeing the actor in the sculpt... but still looks like a good figure. Too bad resources were wasted on this flick :lol

Neck looks way too huge as well.

All this being said it's still an awesome figure and it's the best representation you'll get of him at this scale

eyes & top half reminds me of tony stark. Looks nothing like Gyllenhaal to me.
Is this going to be HT's worst ever seller?

Can't imagine a lot of demand for this.

Here's some subtle changes they can easlily do to improve this figure.

Narrow eye socket.
Paint eyes bigger
Paint eyes a more distinctive blue
Narrow his chin a bit.
Shorten forehead.
Lift and add more strands to hair.

Now these changes will not make him look more like the actor but they do improve the likeness somewhat but more importantly, he looks more heroic.

Take Wolverine. Doesn't exactly look like Jackman but he still looks great, heroic and there' some Jackman in there.

Same rules need to be applied here i think.

Danstan-Ammends.jpg

I'd sooner have heroic and not very accurate rather than a bit blank and some slight likeness.
But that's just me.

Ya a good expression can make up 4 a lack of likeness ..wolverine and mech test 4 example:)

Back