Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since Ive already got a P1 and P2 Ill be after Elder and Scar for sure... Wolf if I have the extra money... I dont know these are going to hit next year but there a plenty of other movies out next year that have figures being made that I want too... Once again I must pick and choose with the up most care!!!
yeah i already have every HT pred i want unless they make some more Lost clan. this was a pretty boring announcement by HT. i'm really looking forward to what they do with Prometheus more than anything. plus, i'm not sure i'd want a 1:4 scale P1 figure that will probably look like that crappy bust they did.

:lol Reminds me of Iron Man (the film) where Stark gets captured by terrorists and they try to force him to build them missiles.

tankman builds himself a Predator suit and kills the Hot Toys office workers one by one. He's in Hong Kong with a few days to kill, I mean sculpt.:D

i'm really looking forward to what they do with Prometheus more than anything.

One name: Theron.:D

:lol Reminds me of Iron Man (the film) where Stark gets captured by terrorists and they try to force him to build them missiles.
And that worked out so well for the kidnappers. Imaging what the Predator figures would look like under this scenario.

(waiting :impatient: for a Photoshop from Devil)

I just hope they don't try to sell a normal and battle damaged version of Predator 2 in the same package as they are doing with Luke Skywalker.

That's the thing, if there's a chance to get a new P2 or Wolf in any scale, there's no way I could miss out on them. This way we'll end up buying both scale series.

I definitely won't be doing this. For weird situations like the P2 (1/6 or 1/4), I might get both and take solace in the fact that I'll easily be able to sell the one I don't want to keep.

Maybe I could own the non-main Predators in 1/6 (including the upgraded versions) and just use 1/4 for the main-ish ones. In other words, I'll buy the 1/6 P2, but if they make a 1/4 announcement, I'm selling the smaller one.

That way, my collection will look something like this:

1/4-
P1
P2
P2 Elder
Scar
Wolf (depending on how they do)
Berserker

1/6-
Lost
Guardian
Shadow
Celtic
Chopper
AVP Elder
Falconer
Tracker
Classic

Still going to cost a hell of a lot of money; things would be easier financially if I could sell my AVP's (a 1/4 Celtic would be a dream, but then I'd be going against my plan). Ugh, I just don't know!!

Still going to cost a hell of a lot of money; things would be easier financially if I could sell my AVP's (a 1/4 Celtic would be a dream, but then I'd be going against my plan). Ugh, I just don't know!!

We may just need to wait for some news. Surely a 1/4 announcement would be the first to be announced from the new Preds anyway. If P2 is indeed 1/6 than the first 1/4 should be a fun guessing game.

When they start making a 1/6 and 1/4 Celtic Predator then you can start to worry.:lol

I wouldnt be surprised if people actually thought they were. HT announces they are continuing the 1:6 line and aswell as that they are making 1:4 figures and now everybody thinks they are redoing every figure they've ever done in 1:6 too.
Yeah, there's a lot of conclusion-jumping here. For all we know predator 2 will be the only figure redone in 1:6, and the rest will all be 1:4 scale. And we surely won't see every predator redone at 1:4, maybe just one from each film.

The first 1/4 will almost-certainly be the P1. Then again, HT's little article is confusing because while they say P1, they're showing Scar.

I'd say pictures are more informative than words since there's no way they can't release something that's already being sculpted sooner than something they have only an idea for.

So yeah, scratch what I said. Scar will be the first 1/4 (and what a first that is; I'm anxious to see him!).

Yeah, there's a lot of conclusion-jumping here. For all we know predator 2 will be the only figure redone in 1:6, and the rest will all be 1:4 scale. And we surely won't see every predator redone at 1:4, maybe just one from each film.

The AVP's are all in need of a serious update, but that would make things slightly easier. Unfortunately, HT seems really eager to jump into this scale. If business goes well, they very well could do the others in 1/4. And if Scar is the first, making the other AVP Predators in 1/4 will be a cakewalk. More reuse there than in any other line. I'm predicting a "What the hell, let's do them too" mentality behind Chopper and Celtic, as a result.

The first 1/4 will almost-certainly be the P1. Then again, HT's little article is confusing because while they say P1, they're showing Scar.

I'd say pictures are more informative than words since there's no way they can't release something that's already being sculpted sooner than something they have only an idea for.

So yeah, scratch what I said. Scar will be the first 1/4 (and what a first that is; I'm anxious to see him!).

That's the problem. My plan of P1, P2 and Wolf is blown to bits because I've never owned a Scar and I want one.:lol

That's the problem. My plan of P1, P2 and Wolf is blown to bits because I've never owned a Scar and I want one.:lol

And I've never owned a Wolf. Not too big a fan of him, but he looks kind of cool masked. If HT does a good job, I don't know what I'll do.

My plan is to get the the P1 & P2 in 1/4 (depending on the price) & the rest in 1/6. Hopefully they'll take there time releasing these.

At 1/4 scale I think...I think I could live with only buying P1 and P2........and Elder-DAMMIT!

:lol We're all thinking exactly the same things. I'll make an exception for Elder in my "main characters only in 1/4" since he's become such an icon for HT fans. A Chopper, a Falconer, etc. might be easy to pass up in a large scale like that, but Elder is pretty much a no-brainer.

Not a fan of his character or of his appearance, or both?

His appearance is my least-favorite from the films, but I did love NECA's unmasked sculpts. If the figure is done correctly, the character would look better in my eyes. HT failed miserably there.

Back