Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stoked about this news!

I will hopefully be picking up all the Preds that I missed out on in 1/6 scale because they were just simply too expensive.

P2 City Hunter
P2 Elder (If made)
Scar (If made)

I'm open to some other pieces as well but we'll see what the final products look like. We don't even know what Preds we are getting in what scale. They may be re-making City Hunter in 1/6 but we don't know what else we're getting in that scale as apposed to 1/4.

Also about the 1/4 scale. Considering the price(I'm guessing) and the size... if I buy anything in this scale it's probably going to have to be some kind of centerpiece to a display. This scale is simply TOO large to collect multiple Preds as if they were just part of some random figure collection.... for me anyway.

HT already produced a 1/4 bust of P1..

some parts of 1/4 P1 action figure already available
hottoys-predator4.jpg

For this new line to work the Preds need to look 100% more accurate than that bust does.:lol

So..they're redoing every Predator..but in 1/4 scale?

Not sure. It seems like we're guaranteed to get the main ones (P1, P2, P2 Elder[?], Scar, Wolf, and Berserker) at this point, but maybe they'll continue it.

I wouldn't expect the Super-Predators in 1/4 until the very end of this line, since they just released perfectly good 1/6 versions this year on the new bodies. The oldies, however, will likely be top priority.

For this new line to work the Preds need to look 100% more accurate than that bust does.:lol
I've always thought..if Predators were in that horrible "Dragonball Z" show, this is what they would look like...:monkey1

Not sure. It seems like we're guaranteed to get the main ones (P1, P2, P2 Elder[?], Scar, Wolf, and Berserker) at this point, but maybe they'll continue it.

I wouldn't expect the Super-Predators in 1/4 until the very end of this line, since they just released perfectly good 1/6 versions this year on the new bodies. The oldies, however, will likely be top priority.
I can't imagine how amazing these things will be.

Can you imagine holding a 1/4, 2012 HT Celtic Predator figure? Wolf? Mr. Black? Scar?

...it's unreal

I mean, I love their AvP Preds..and compared to modern HT figures, their paint app is crap. So take that, how much their paint quality has improved, and add it to the enormous size increase...

There is so much potential here..I think we should all send them dozens of emails begging for sculpt accuracy on NECA's scale...

I think we should all send them dozens of emails begging for sculpt accuracy on NECA's scale...

Sculpt accuracy is my biggest concern. Customers have proven in the past that they will buy a Hot Toys Predator no matter how inaccurate it looks. Same might happen with the 1/4 Preds. They will be all shiny and new and will hopefully have far superior paint apps and greater quality and suck us in no matter how inaccurate they are.

Sculpt accuracy is my biggest concern. Customers have proven in the past that they will buy a Hot Toys Predator no matter how inaccurate it looks. Same might happen with the 1/4 Preds. They will be all shiny and new and will hopefully have far superior paint apps and greater quality and suck us in no matter how inaccurate they are.

Only if ya gonna buy 'em regardless :)

They still might not end up perfect, but Tsang gets better with every Predator he sculpts. He seems to be really dedicated to the character at this point (he is HT's go-to creature guy), so that's good to see.

@Lar'ja Thwei: For now I'll assume we're just getting the main characters in 1/4. We'll likely see Scar next year (and possibly P1), but Celtic may come in 2013 or 2014. The reason being that after Scar and P1 are released, HT will get cracking on the Elder and Wolf.

I can just see it now...

Prototype pics will be released and everyone goes through the roof.
Then, pics of the actual retail version are posted by someone who has it in-hand and everyone falls to the basement, pointing out everything that's wrong with it. :lol

This has pretty much been the cycle here.
Admittedly, I've been a part of it. :panic:

I don't see these Preds being 100% accurate but I do expect them to look better than the first versions....also can they get the height scale right this time....Not tall enough next to Dutch...

I can just see it now...

Then, pics of the actual retail version are posted by someone who has it in-hand and everyone falls to the basement, pointing out everything that's wrong with it. :lol

:exactly::goodpost:

I can just see it now...

I could totally see myself loving the prototype..loving the pics. An amazing, 1/4 HT Predator..

...then being disappointed when it comes out in 1/6 scale :lol

"It uh..It shrunk in production. Sorry"

Back