Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first 1/4 will almost-certainly be the P1. Then again, HT's little article is confusing because while they say P1, they're showing Scar.

I'd say pictures are more informative than words since there's no way they can't release something that's already being sculpted sooner than something they have only an idea for.

So yeah, scratch what I said. Scar will be the first 1/4 (and what a first that is; I'm anxious to see him!).

The AVP's are all in need of a serious update, but that would make things slightly easier. Unfortunately, HT seems really eager to jump into this scale. If business goes well, they very well could do the others in 1/4. And if Scar is the first, making the other AVP Predators in 1/4 will be a cakewalk. More reuse there than in any other line. I'm predicting a "What the hell, let's do them too" mentality behind Chopper and Celtic, as a result.

I agree that the photos tell us more. Count on Scar being first in 1:4 scale, followed by one predator from each film plus Dutch (mentioned by name). Then if those sell well I imagine they'd start going back and doing secondary predators in 1:4 like Chopper and Celtic. For now I'm going to assume that Predator 2 is the only figure being redone at 1:6 scale, until we see evidence otherwise.

AVP is probably my least favorite of the movies, but it would be very difficult for me to resist a 1/4 Celtic Predator. I always liked his design and the Hot Toys figure is one of my favorites. Too bad he died so fast.

Spanbauer's right on the money here. Like I said, I'm buying P2 in 1/6 without hesitation. After all, if they end up releasing him in 1/4 scale, it probably won't be until later and I can just sell my smaller one.

My plan is to get the the P1 & P2 in 1/4 (depending on the price) & the rest in 1/6. Hopefully they'll take there time releasing these.

That's actually a pretty good plan. If this is the case and HT won't make secondary characters in 1/4 (why wouldn't they, AVP would be a snap), then I'd at least hope for secondary remakes in 1/6.

Either way, the collection needs some freshness (regardless of scale or character importance).

Since I sold my P2 1/6 like 6 months ago, I will def be picking up the 1/6th scale version. Only 1/4th scale version Predator I have any interest in at all is wolf. The rest, Meh....not so much.

I have both the regular and EX battle damaged Predator 2 and I want this one as well. The madness will never stop it seems.

In a way it saddens me. I really like those old figures, but in all honesty I prefer the bodies of the Shadow and Classic over the old ones and I really don't need 3 Predator 2 figures.

If you have as big an attachment to the old P2's as I have to my old Celtic, then I could see how it's a bit sad. Think of it as bittersweet and more than a little necessary.

I don't want to risk selling those because theres a chance they'll have something over the new one be it articulation (likely), or an accessory the new one won't have or god forbid a better headsculpt...

I think its funny / ironic / crazy or whatever that Hot Toys is becoming more and more "common" now that every kid and his grandma has started collecting Hot Toys, given that the company now is getting into all sorts of liscenses. Its now taking longer for HT figures to be sold out and the newer releases have not acheived massive after market prices because Hot Toys has upped supply to match the increased demand. Yet during all of this, they steadily raise their prices.

You'd think that being expensive and high end, these Hot Toys would not have such a rapidly increasing collector base, and that they'd be more rare (meaning that a lot of ppl want but won't buy them because they are pricey). But no, tons of people are buying, and the retail prices are only increasing.

Not a lot of coherent thinking here, just some random thoughts.

I don't want to risk selling those because theres a chance they'll have something over the new one be it articulation (likely), or an accessory the new one won't have or god forbid a better headsculpt...

I don't know, I'd still say the improved paint apps and less toyish feel is worth more than those. Accessories, on the other hand, could be an issue.

But no, tons of people are buying, and the retail prices are only increasing.

But look at an AVP Predator, then compare it to the new Classic. If you can't tell where that extra $95 went over the years, there's something wrong. It undoubtedly costs more to produce the kind of quality pieces they're doing now. Granted, HT does take advantage of their fanbase from time to time (the Shadow Predator; no way he's worth as much as Classic), but in the long run, they've come a long way.

I think its funny / ironic / crazy or whatever that Hot Toys is becoming more and more "common" now that every kid and his grandma has started collecting Hot Toys, given that the company now is getting into all sorts of liscenses. Its now taking longer for HT figures to be sold out and the newer releases have not acheived massive after market prices because Hot Toys has upped supply to match the increased demand. Yet during all of this, they steadily raise their prices.

You'd think that being expensive and high end, these Hot Toys would not have such a rapidly increasing collector base, and that they'd be more rare (meaning that a lot of ppl want but won't buy them because they are pricey). But no, tons of people are buying, and the retail prices are only increasing.

Not a lot of coherent thinking here, just some random thoughts.

I see where your coming from. Being a collector of these things from the MMS Hicks, Vasquez and Apone up until now, I'm sort of conflicted. It's great that we're getting such an awesome product, but it's very costly for someone like me who's collected all of these from the start to have to start from scratch with the improved ones that could very well make my old ones obsolete and at the same time, I'm not really that keen on selling my old ones since they're important to me.

Wow, a 1:4 Dutch. Amazeballz! :panic:

The more 1:4 products get brought out, the more I will consider getting rid of all my 1:6th's.

I mean, Terminator 2 Arnie, Batman Begins and Dark Knight and Dutch are the main focus in my 1:6th collection. And now all these are being, or in the T2 Arnie's case, have been brought out in 1:4. Why keep both scales? Especially when the 1:4 scale is something new and exciting (to me, anyway.)

It's ok when I have a one off piece at 1:4 that I also have at 1:6 (Arnie T2) Getting the 1:4 really hasn't took anything away from the 1:6, but when it's pretty much all your collection in 2 scales, well....

I think the future is 1:4 scale for me!

AVP is probably my least favorite of the movies, but it would be very difficult for me to resist a 1/4 Celtic Predator. I always liked his design and the Hot Toys figure is one of my favorites. Too bad he died so fast.

Celtic has my fav Bio design, and considering SS prolly will never do him in 1/4 scale, I would prolly get him. The only ones I would consider getting from HT at all is 1/4 Celtic, P2, Wolf, Berserker, and Elder. Accuracy would be important to me though, so they gotta get that right. I'm officially done with 1/6 Preds, they're already gone from my collection.

Back