Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

:slap If someone wants to spend more money on a figure to have it as accurate as possible over buying loads of retail priced figure i say let them:dunno ..an honestly anyone who buys multiples of the same figure has no right to bash someone for paying extra cash on custom clothing/sculpts etc..:lecture

Just the same as someone who feels compelled to pay out the ass for custom clothes has no right to say that general collectors who find an unaltered piece to be perfectly acceptable don't appreciate quality... which was my point. His post was condescending to those who don't pay exuberant amounts of $$$ to customize their figures. :cuckoo:

It seems to me that it was a language issue. Unlike some other members I know of, I don't know neo to have a history of making passive aggressive swipes, so I figure he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

It may have sounded condescending but he did not mean it to - As he said English is not Neo's first language, what he meant was more along the lines of what karamazov80 said, which both Neo and I agree with

Of course!
I'm really sorry about that! I didn't want to be condescending at all but like you said, English is not my first language.
I was trying to explain how I feel :)
Btw, I told that the dx was an awesome figure!! So apologies!
I have lot of dx at home too!

Of course!
I'm really sorry about that! I didn't want to be condescending at all but like you said, English is not my first language.

If that is really the case, now is a good time to sell a few before 2.0 is out! :D :wink1:

Of course!

That's cool, thanks for clarifying. :wave

and honestly anyone who buys multiples of the same figure has no right to bash someone for paying extra cash on custom clothing/sculpts etc..:lecture

This is true. I hope I didn't come across as bashing anyone in my posts on the subject.

I dont think Neo's comment was condescending at all! :slap
He just wasnt too specific but you should get his point. Of course its not all Quality > all Quantity vs all Quantity > all Quality.
His point is simply that there are others who prefer to buy from different lines of 1/6 than spend most of their money on few or single figures. What's so Hard to understand about that? Why does he have to give percentage when that percentage wont be accurate in the first place.

I fall in between and I understand exactly what he is saying. I also collect Marvel line so I only got Kato's vest and tie. Must I have all the rest? Not really cause I'm quite satisfied with what I have. Now there's no denying that the complete outfit puts the dx to shame. I would like to own all but I wont. Me personally, I dont need to buy the rest. So for those who do, Good for them. I myself would love to but since I fall in between, I have about 7 figures on Pre-order so I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

I dont think Neo's comment was condescending at all! :slap
He just wasnt too specific but you should get his point. Of course its not all Quality > all Quantity vs all Quantity > all Quality.
His point is simply that there are others who prefer to buy from different lines of 1/6 than spend most of their money on few or single figures. What's so Hard to understand about that? Why does he have to give percentage when that percentage wont be accurate in the first place.

I fall in between and I understand exactly what he is saying. I also collect Marvel line so I only got Kato's vest and tie. Must I have all the rest? Not really cause I'm quite satisfied with what I have. Now there's no denying that the complete outfit puts the dx to shame. I would like to own all but I wont. Me personally, I dont need to buy the rest. So for those who do, Good for them. I myself would love to but since I fall in between, I have about 7 figures on Pre-order so I'm satisfied.

That's subjective at best. You're implying that we all see grievous error with HT's stock Joker wardrobe.

Of course its subjective. I'm speaking personally of course. Why the heck does everyone have to be specific to the teeth. Its not like we're talking with kids here where you have to speficy exactly to the point.Yeah, that part is my opinion. Didnt thing I have to specify that. I mentioned what I thought about owning some or all of clothing set so I am talking about my own personal interpretation. I just didnt think I need to add IMHO.

Last edited:

Of course its subjective. I'm speaking personally of course. Why the heck does everyone have to be specific to the teeth. Its not like we're talking with toddlers here where you have to speficy exactly to the point.Yeah, that part is my opinion. Didnt thing I have to specify that. I mentioned what I thought about owning some or all of clothing set so I am talking about my own personal interpretation. I just didnt think I need to add IMHO.

Your remark seemed more like it was a generalized, well-known fact. "now there's no denying..." I disagree. I think HT's Joker clothes are fine and personally don't feel that Kato's stuff justifies the price given it's own inaccuracies. So there is denying that. But I'm not going to naively assume everybody feels the same way. :huh :lol

Exactly! you're right! Sorry my english is not perfect but it is what I think :)

Don't worry, your English is ten million times better than any second language I know. Me trying to get my point across in Spanish would equate to, "Me... car... eat... library...work."

Your remark seemed more like it was a generalized, well-known fact. "now there's no denying..." I disagree. I think HT's Joker clothes are fine and personally don't feel that Kato's stuff justifies the price given it's own inaccuracies. So there is denying that. But I'm not going to naively assume everybody feels the same way. :huh :lol

:lol
Fair enough.

cant wait to see some pics of this....all though im sure we are very far off

cant wait to see some pics of this....all though im sure we are very far off

Doubtul whatever it actually is hasn't been mentioned here already.

Most possibilities have been discussed. Can't wait to see though.

I think he means we're far off in terms of when we might hear new information or some sort of reveal.

Does anyone have any guesses for this, any hunch for when we might see pictures or at least some more details? I'm guessing it'll maybe be many months until we see pictures but details for what this actually is, whether a straight re-issue or the nurse version or what have you, shouldn't be too far away.

My guesses..

1. It's a joke i.e. HT making fun of themselves and all their re-releases. So no such thing as a DX 2.0 and that's why HT chose the placard of the Joker card with "Why So Serious?" on it.

2. It's real and it's a simple re-release of the DX 01 Joker. I mean the same exact set. Nothing new.

3. It's real and it's a re-release of the DX 01 Joker but with the Nurse outfit included instead of the Cop one. So same exact Clown Joker (same accessories, packaging, etc.) and then the Nurse outfit (wig, doctor mask, costume, gun/silencer, chart, remote detonator) with a new head sculpt for that scene.

Haha that would be a cruel joke... imagine all those people who have sold their DX01's already...

My guesses..

1. It's a joke i.e. HT making fun of themselves and all their re-releases. So no such thing as a DX 2.0 and that's why HT chose the placard of the Joker card with "Why So Serious?" on it.

2. It's real and it's a simple re-release of the DX 01 Joker. I mean the same exact set. Nothing new.

3. It's real and it's a re-release of the DX 01 Joker but with the Nurse outfit included instead of the Cop one. So same exact Clown Joker (same accessories, packaging, etc.) and then the Nurse outfit (wig, doctor mask, costume, gun/silencer, chart, remote detonator) with a new head sculpt for that scene.

4. It's a re-release of the V1 Joker...

:monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back