Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

Its obviously not a joke. There will be a joker dx 2.0 unless its cancelled, but its not a joke.

Its obviously not a joke. There will be a joker dx 2.0 unless its cancelled, but its not a joke.

Yes, yes it is! :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Think of the thousands we can make flipping them when everybody realizes it's real but it's too late.

My guesses..
2. It's real and it's a simple re-release of the DX 01 Joker. I mean the same exact set. Nothing new.

I think this is the most likely possibility. Easy to just whip out another run of these figures, especially given the continued demand. Very little to no need for R & D, so they can keep working on new figures.

Though it's possible they retooled the internal components of the PERS mechanism, to make them less likely to break (having learned how to do it better since the DX01 first released). But on the outside, I would expect no visible difference.

I think this is the most likely possibility. Easy to just whip out another run of these figures, especially given the continued demand. Very little to no need for R & D, so they can keep working on new figures.

Though it's possible they retooled the internal components of the PERS mechanism, to make them less likely to break (having learned how to do it better since the DX01 first released). But on the outside, I would expect no visible difference.

That doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint. I would want to capture as many consumers as possible, including current DX01 owners. Therefore, like others have suggested, I would change the cop outfit to the nurse.

That doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint. I would want to capture as many consumers as possible, including current DX01 owners. Therefore, like others have suggested, I would change the cop outfit to the nurse.

:exactly: If this is a 2.0 version, why would they included the same exact set? The whole point of 2.0 is to be a better version of a previous release. Switching the Cop with the Nurse outfit seems to be the most likely choice.

Either that or sculpt an entirely new head which would likely be more cost effective. :huh

:exactly: If this is a 2.0 version, why would they included the same exact set? The whole point of 2.0 is to be a better version of a previous release. Switching the Cop with the Nurse outfit seems to be the most likely choice.

I hope it's a Nurse J. Not just an updated purple coat and clothes and a rehash of the Cop J. :pray:

That doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint.

It would make sense because it's specifically targeting the people who are willing to pay like $300-$500 for the DX Joker in the aftermarket. Why not capitalize on that demand?

If this is a 2.0 version, why would they included the same exact set? The whole point of 2.0 is to be a better version of a previous release.

Not necessarily. That "2.0" could simply be HT's choice to distinguish the first run from the second. That might not make sense because it's not the norm but we've all seen weirder things. :lol

It would make sense because it's specifically targeting the people who are willing to pay like $300-$500 for the DX Joker in the aftermarket. Why not capitalize on that demand?

Not necessarily. That "2.0" could simply be HT's choice to distinguish the first run from the second. That might not make sense because it's not the norm but we've all seen weirder things. :lol

If it were a simple re-release though then why would they just show the card and why not the full figure? I mean clearly they already have the full figure

That's why I don't think it's a simple re-release

If it were a simple re-release though then why would they just show the card and why not the full figure? I mean clearly they already have the full figure

Well said :exactly:

if it's 2.0 they probably want to showcase the thing that makes it 2.0, e.g. any extra outfit that comes with it. and maybe that part of it isn't ready. so they don't want to show just the old joker to get fanboys in an uproar about nothing new.

i don't know if he'll be updated or not (and don't care), just postulating why he wasn't on display.

Right but a new 2nd outfit would still be a new fig - and not a straight re-issue. I thought Devil was saying he thought it would be a straight re-issue right down to the 2nd cop outfit, exact same.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4"]‪2 Chicks at the same time‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

If it were a simple re-release though then why would they just show the card and why not the full figure?

Guessing here.. maybe to avoid clutter (it's easier to simply display a placard than 2 full figures from the DX 01 Joker set).

:dunno

Guessing here.. maybe to avoid clutter (it's easier to simply display a placard than 2 full figures from the DX 01 Joker set).

:dunno

I guess it's a possibility but honestly if that turned out to be the case, then a whooooole lot of people who sold their DX01 after seeing that are gonna be pretty unhappy.

I'll put my bets on an improved clown suit (not necessarily with improved sculpt) along with nurse outfit and new nurse head.

For the people saying it's probably the same release and the "2.0" is to keep it separate from the first release...

Seems like it would be cheaper just to have it come in a smaller box or different package all together to keep them looking like a different release...

Therefore, it's clear this will be different from the first release in one way or another...

I keep thinking about the Medicom Rocketeers, the 2.0 had better articulation, new hands and chewing gum on the rocker pack... If it's simple things like this i will be okay with it...

I just don't want to love this new one, there is just too much other stuff coming and i hate going back to character i already thought looked darn near perfect... i want to move on!

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back