Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

What if its just an expansion pack... like a set of additional clothing line (nurse outfit with movie accurate socks) and a seamless body :monkey1

:lol

Here's a possibility ...

-Same clothes and accessories from DX 1.0 (no cop outfit, though)
-Fresh headsculpt
-Nurse outfit & accessories
-New Truetype Body with covered (or at least de-emphasized) knee/elbow joints.

That way they can showcase a new body with the figure AND sell it later as a blank.

Just my two cents.

:dunno

Here's a possibility ...

-Same clothes and accessories from DX 1.0 (no cop outfit, though)
-Fresh headsculpt
-Nurse outfit & accessories
-New Truetype Body with covered (or at least de-emphasized) knee/elbow joints.

That way they can showcase a new body with the figure AND sell it later as a blank.

Just my two cents.

:dunno

I'd be happy with that.

This is more interesting than 89 Joker.I hae waited some time to get Hot Toys Dark Knight Joker and really need this.Problem is there is coming 89 Batman too:( I cant get both.I hope this Joker comes with purple coat and cards:pray::pray:

jokerpromo.jpg

Wouldn't it be funny if they just put this promo 2.0 pic up to get attention and to see what people would do, how they would react, what they would suggest, what they would hope for... it's like a social experiment of sorts.

Kind of like how when LOST was on and the writers just perused the message boards for ideas after the 2nd season. (strictly a rumor that is based on facts)

M.

Nurse Joker please... mother ____ers!

i like it seeing as i am very late to the hot toys party. gimme more stuff that people already have and won't want. i'll buy it:yess:

It will be a revamped version for sure , new sculpt, newly tailored suit + Nurse gear and accessories like the bomb trigger,pencil and bazooka.

I bet they want a heath ledger joker on par with there Nicholson Joker.

I don't think it will be a flat out re-release, hot toys are constantly raising the bar with each figure released, i can't see them releasing this figure again without any improvements.

There are people who have only 10 figures and try to have the best quality possible >< there are people who have lot more lines ( and figures ) to collect and so they can buy the dx and be 100% happy with it!
I'm in the first case but I can totally understand the people who are happy with the dx ( it's an awesome figure )
There are people for who quantity > quality and there are people for who quality > quantity!
It's all about that! It's not even the same "sport" so I don't see the point to judge the others part!
For me, It's more important to have 1 figure that I think 99% perfect that buy 10 hot toys! It's just my point and I can understand that people have an another opinion! but please don't judge me!
Two differents perceptions of the hobby!

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Although I'm closer to the "people who have lot more lines to collect" camp, I respect the guys who have the small 'top shelf' collections.

Like you said, It's two different "sports". Why should only one collecting style be right?

While I understand the sentiment, I think this comment is a bit of an unfair stereotype. I collect lots of figures. I probably have 50 or so 1/6th scale figures. But do I collect because I want lots of figures? No. I collect lots of figures because I like them all and think they are all of a sufficient quality that they are worth owning.

Better to say that some prefer 99.99% screen accuracy and extraordinary levels of craftsmanship and detail, while others are willing to compromise, and accept that a figure that is 85% screen accurate with above average, even great levels of craftsmanship and detail are sufficient when the trade-off is several hundred dollars or more and other great figures potentially being missed out on as a result.

Most of us here aren't looking for Hasbro and NECA figures when we go after our 1/6th scale fix.

A good amendment to Neo's post. But his point still stands.

There is more than one style of collecting, and there's no point in judging someone for having a different style.

Some friendly debate can be fun, but why does it always have to get hostile?

Last edited:

My guesses..

1. It's a joke i.e. HT making fun of themselves and all their re-releases. So no such thing as a DX 2.0 and that's why HT chose the placard of the Joker card with "Why So Serious?" on it.

2. It's real and it's a simple re-release of the DX 01 Joker. I mean the same exact set. Nothing new.

3. It's real and it's a re-release of the DX 01 Joker but with the Nurse outfit included instead of the Cop one. So same exact Clown Joker (same accessories, packaging, etc.) and then the Nurse outfit (wig, doctor mask, costume, gun/silencer, chart, remote detonator) with a new head sculpt for that scene.

I can actually see them re-releasing it just to fix their first attempt at the PERS.

4. It's a re-release of the V1 Joker...

:monkey3

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Haha, all this speculation about a Nurse Joker. You guys talk about it as if it's either a sure thing or, at the very least, a possibility with some evidence backing it.

Face it - there's NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER that a Nurse Joker will be part of this release.

You guys are taking what you WANT and twisting what little facts there are, to make it look like that's what's ACTUALLY going to happen.

I'd like a Nurse Joker, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking it's happening until I have an actual reason to believe it.

That doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint. I would want to capture as many consumers as possible, including current DX01 owners. Therefore, like others have suggested, I would change the cop outfit to the nurse.

It makes perfect sense - HT has limited manpower and time to devote to R&D. A re-issue lets them capture a market that still has eager customers, while relying almost entirely on already completed R&D. So those costs have already been paid for - the profit margins are higher on a re-release.

This also means they can continue to devote their limited manpower and time resources to R&D for NEW figures.

If it were a simple re-release though then why would they just show the card and why not the full figure? I mean clearly they already have the full figure

Maybe because they want to draw your attention to the new figures they have on display. If it's a re-release, there's nothing new to see - so a simple card is more than enough announcement, for the time being. If they placed the card with the figure, it might confuse people and invite speculation as to how this figure is different, even though it looks identical.

That's why I don't think it's a simple re-release

I think you don't think it's a simple re-release simply because you want it to not be.

For the people saying it's probably the same release and the "2.0" is to keep it separate from the first release...

Seems like it would be cheaper just to have it come in a smaller box or different package all together to keep them looking like a different release...

We haven't seen the package, the box, or anything at all. So that might be what it turns out to be.

I bet it'll be the same box, with just a "2.0" stamped on it. Because it is a nice box, and though this is a re-issue, it is still a DX and should have a nice DX box to go with it.

It will be a revamped version for sure , new sculpt, newly tailored suit + Nurse gear and accessories like the bomb trigger,pencil and bazooka.

For sure, huh? Are you willing to put some money down on that?

I don't think it will be a flat out re-release, hot toys are constantly raising the bar with each figure released, i can't see them releasing this figure again without any improvements.

I'm sure there can be minor improvements - like I said, retool the PERS mechanism so it doesn't break so easily. You'll also likely see other differences due to normal variation (as I mentioned in another thread, some BR Jokers had black belts, some had brown belts - so you're likely to see minor differences like that).

But nothing that original owners would want or consider to be necessary and requiring a second purchase.

And it's not like re-releasing this would be a step back. The DX01 is a beautiful figure, on par with what else has been coming out. And a re-release would be understood to be "exactly what has come before." There's no need to raise the bar with EVERY SINGLE FIGURE, especially re-releases.

you are criticizing people's speculations with a particularly closed minded approach as if you were threatened by this new release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back