1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys AOTC Yoda

Nothing against how he looks. I just find it funny how some still seem to be complaining about the price of that first figure. I have it and like it and feel like it was a decent overall package. To me this one is fine but I find it funny how a figure with quite a bit less seems more acceptable because it’s slightly less. Regardless I may end up getting him just because it’s Yoda and he’d look good posed up with Dooku. I can be satisfied with the four prequel characters so far and not need any others.

Completely understand. Reason why I ordered right away was because I saw Episode II and III in theatres. The prequels were my childhood growing up. Of course I watched the originals and loved them but I have fond memories of those films and this Yoda was basically my Yoda growing up. I also picked up that old Sideshow Yoda and it was cool but sold it off. This is much better and looks awesome. Cannot wait for it.

Definitely getting this. It looks miles better than the Sideshow version. Good thing it’s a ways out! Gotta sell off the Sideshow version now. :lol

No go here. It will be heresy for me to say this in here, but the HT ESB Yoda is one of the few "why did I get this?" figures I've picked up in the last few years. It just didn't wow me. Weird coloring, cheap, chintzy robe, distracting "hair". I'm okay with the Sideshow one. Will pass on this one for the same reasons.

Not slagging those who go for it -I'm sure it will stick up an impressive display with Dooku.

$20 shipping for Yoda ?

I have some reward points ready to kick in but *** SS shipping cost

Because he’s still probably coming in the typical sized shoe-box style packaging that the previous Yoda came in. They may include his council chair as an accessory down the road or there’s simply going to be a bunch of empty space in the box, lol.

Because he’s still probably coming in the typical sized shoe-box style packaging that the previous Yoda came in. They may include his council chair as an accessory down the road or there’s simply going to be a bunch of empty space in the box, lol.

Who are you answering?

I would not of guessed this version of Yoda was coming but makes sense if your making Dooku. Both figures look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The headsculpt captures the character better than the Empire sculpt with open eyes, yet there is something not quite right about it. As someone else mentioned, the cheeks should be a little fuller, as well as something else I can't put my finger on at the moment. The best duel specific AOTC / ROTS Yoda likeness on any collectibles would have to be the SEGA 1/10 scale Yoda.

Also, they really should have included either another headsculpt, his Jedi High Council chair or his hover chair.

yoda_council_chair.jpg

Well at least it looks like Yoda from the prequels, unlike their OT effort which has a poor likeness.

His head looks a little too squished. But overall, it looks good but I do hope they improve the sculpt in that regard.

The sculpt looks slightly squished around the chin, but I dontmind the look as in some of the scenes when he pouts his aggressive or concerned look his chin tends to look similar to the hs on this figure. Overall its not too bad and if you love Yoda like me, this figure is a nice add to the collection.

The ESB Yoda left much to be desired as the eyes looked a bit weird and the closed eyes was the true winner of the two. In ESB he had no saber and whats a Jedi without a saber?
cgi-yoda.jpgfb67167986d4307e87abf6f82532f9aa.jpgimages.jpgjedi.jpgMV5BMTQyMDUxNzQwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUyMTIyMw@@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,750_AL_.jpgyoda.jpgYoda-puppet-vs-CGI.jpg

I don't see in Yoda and in Count an arm for lightning saber.

I hope these two come with light up saber.

I don't see in Yoda and in Count an arm for lightning saber.

I hope these two come with light up saber.

Dooku has one:

DfvN9j9VMAUA-5V.jpg

There's a disclaimer in the photos that Yoda's saber doesn't light up.

RXYsQKT.jpg

Thanks.

It's a pity that Yoda doesn't come with that option :(

Back