1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys AOTC Yoda

I preordered on BBTS. I love Yoda.

The face looks a bit off/odd to me... too wide maybe? Or has it just been too long since I've seen AotC?

His face was wider in the PT. I think the sculpt looks pretty dead on.

I'm utterly shocked that people are not blown away with this. I actually thought it was a CGI rendering still from the film,.

Trust me I'm no hardcore CGI prequel Yoda fan but this is so good looking, especially the hair and detailing that I will get it.

I was always utterly disappointed with the ESB one and frankly think it looks like a hunk of junk, so it makes this effort all the more impressive especially since they keep getting worse and worse on other characters like Han, Leia and Chewbacca.

What about the "prequel figures have no NRD" stuff?

fg8lqn5.jpg

His face was wider in the PT. I think the sculpt looks pretty dead on.

His face is definitely more circular in the prequels. It's a decent sculpt like, no denying that!

4973364-3382057612-yoda..jpg

Might wait a bit on him, I pre-ordered Anakin and Obi-Wan immediately. I'll do the same for Dooku when I get home.

I'm utterly shocked that people are not blown away with this. I actually thought it was a CGI rendering still from the film,.

Trust me I'm no hardcore CGI prequel Yoda fan but this is so good looking, especially the hair and detailing that I will get it.

I was always utterly disappointed with the ESB one and frankly think it looks like a hunk of junk, so it makes this effort all the more impressive especially since they keep getting worse and worse on other characters like Han, Leia and Chewbacca.

prelo is so bad.jpg

The Prequel Yoda by Sideshow was my gateway figure when it comes to collecting 1/6 collectibles. Still one of my favorites but I just had to order this little guy.

I don’t know why people are still whining about the price of the first Yoda. He was $11 more and had two head sculpts, a diorama base, and a bunch of accessories. This one has one head sculpt, a more basic base, and a lightsaber but suddenly the price is more acceptable because it’s not quite $200? Okay then.

I don’t know why people are still whining about the price of the first Yoda. He was $11 more and had two head sculpts, a diorama base, and a bunch of accessories. This one has one head sculpt, a more basic base, and a lightsaber but suddenly the price is more acceptable because it’s not quite $200? Okay then.

I never had a problem with the ESB Yoda that price was great for what you got. I saw it in person but didn't impress me as much. This one however impresses me because it completely looks like the CG Yoda we saw in Episode II. The inclusion of lightsaber and the lighting ball effects is really awesome. Price is a little less which is always great. May not have as much as the first release but definitely has a presence to it.

I'm pretty stupid excited for this. Ironically, I really did not enjoy the PT, but soon I'll have Ani, Obi Wan, and Yoda. No matter how much the movies fail for me, there are so many moments that stand out and Yoda unleashing that saber for the first time still gives me goosebumps.

If my $$$ and display area were endless, I would certainly pick this up. Looks really good. Too many great 1/6 choices lately. I know a lot of people hate AOTC, but I had a great time at the screening on opening night, and that whole summer actually. Good memories. So, I liked AOTC. Much, much more then TLJ. But, that's another matter. I'm super pumped to be at SDCC this year. Really hoping to see a HT Cody & Gree...

I never had a problem with the ESB Yoda that price was great for what you got. I saw it in person but didn't impress me as much. This one however impresses me because it completely looks like the CG Yoda we saw in Episode II. The inclusion of lightsaber and the lighting ball effects is really awesome. Price is a little less which is always great. May not have as much as the first release but definitely has a presence to it.
Nothing against how he looks. I just find it funny how some still seem to be complaining about the price of that first figure. I have it and like it and feel like it was a decent overall package. To me this one is fine but I find it funny how a figure with quite a bit less seems more acceptable because it’s slightly less. Regardless I may end up getting him just because it’s Yoda and he’d look good posed up with Dooku. I can be satisfied with the four prequel characters so far and not need any others.

Back