1/6 Hot Toys - MMS495 - Star Wars Episode II: AOTC - Yoda Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys AOTC Yoda

This looks great and I needed a Yoda that's ready to fight. Will look great next to some Clones.

HT has been nailing it with the PT for me...I feel like I need this one to go with anakin, obi wan and dooku now...and I have no interest in OT yoda...

I love the stern expression on the sculpt. Perfect for a fighting pose. This will be my first and only HT Yoda.

Much better likeness than the previous one, even if it's much more specific to the prequels than I'd like. Still though, it does look like it would be a really fun figure to pose.

They really nailed that digital yoda expression. Very scene specific but an impressive job nonetheless.

I don't think I will dive deep into the PT line. for starters I don't have the money time and the space to display them all. that`s why I sold off all my PT in the first place.

I have to say that overall, this one probably looks better than the ESB one. Looks like they did rooted hair right out of the gate this time also. However, I’m not sure I like the expression on this one, although it is pretty accurate to how he looked a lot of times in the PT. This one looks like CGI Yoda, and while not perfect, the ESB one has more of the puppet look. The Yoda I want is from ESB, so I’m fine with sticking with that one as being my only Yoda. Yoda I think looks the best with the closed-eyes, Force using sculpt.

I’m so excited for this, instant preorder. Hopefully HT Maul isn’t too far behind, or Qui Gon, or Mace lol

I have to say that overall, this one probably looks better than the ESB one. Looks like they did rooted hair right out of the gate this time also. However, I’m not sure I like the expression on this one, although it is pretty accurate to how he looked a lot of times in the PT. This one looks like CGI Yoda, and while not perfect, the ESB one has more of the puppet look. The Yoda I want is from ESB, so I’m fine with sticking with that one as being my only Yoda. Yoda I think looks the best with the closed-eyes, Force using sculpt.

I dont think its rooted hair jus glued down like vers 1 ESB.

Sucks that Yoda's Lightsaber doesn't light up, not that I'll use it much at all, if it did.
I'm not sure about the hair on this, but I love the lightsaber effects.
Looks good, but I'm more interested in getting that Count Dooku though.

He looks just like in the movie. While this is an objectively better figure with a more accurate sculpt compared to the Ep V Yoda, the Ep V Yoda is the look I wanted in my collection so I’ll have to pass. I’m sure many will be passing for the same reason.

In a quality comparison he blows the older one away however.

I just noticed that Dooku has a light up saber, and yet Yoda doesn't.
If you don't plan on displaying them lit then it'll be fine, but it's gong to look strange just having Dooku with the light up saber battling Yoda as it's shown in these pics.

Yoda is very light on accessories. He comes with the same stuff Dooku comes with -- less all the holograms -- but he's 1/3 the height. I doubt he'll be 1/3 the price.

They should have included his Jedi Temple chair at least.

Yes, the jedi chair would have been a great accessory. He had a lot of pensive moments in that chair lol

Also, I’m considering double dipping on Yoda already despite my previous statement :lol

The price is going to be sucky. I don't want it to be, but I'm bracing for the worst. :(

Back