1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Soch! :yess: Great pic of a great figure - I love mine!! :rock

Looks good. Congrats!

Thanks! It's my first Thor. Feels weird for him not to have Mjolnir. haha

You should 100% get the Gladiator Hulk figure if you have the Gladiator Thor figure they are INCREDIBLE companion pieces. Here's how I have both mine displayed at the moment!​
View attachment 417751 My Instagram

Damn, they do look good together. I like how you're posing Thor with one foot on the shield. Didn't think of posing him like that. Might have to do something similar when I decide to repose him.

Damn, they do look good together. I like how you're posing Thor with one foot on the shield. Didn't think of posing him like that. Might have to do something similar when I decide to repose him.

Yeah they look amazing together, expensive pairing but so worth it. Thanks :) I don't think I'll switch my pose out for a long time. He has so many great accessories that I wanted to use as many as I could.

You should 100% get the Gladiator Hulk figure if you have the Gladiator Thor figure they are INCREDIBLE companion pieces. Here's how I have both mine displayed at the moment!​
View attachment 417751 My Instagram

Excellent shot! I'm also digging how you have Thor posed with one foot on his shield.

Anyways, not to be a hater, but does the Hulk face sculpt look inaccurate to anyone else? I dunno, there's just something about at it that seems off. That's a major reason why I have no desire to pick this one up, as well as the awkward joints on the knees and the very visible hairpiece seam.

Anyways, not to be a hater, but does the Hulk face sculpt look inaccurate to anyone else?

I agree with you. Dated feels like the wrong term, but the sculpt reflects much earlier renderings of the Hulk and they've subtly tweaked him to bring more Ruffalo likeness in over the films, especially with Ragnarok - Hulk looks more human in his features. That's why this may feel a bit off. I've always had a real dislike for the screaming head anyway though, so I may be inherently a bit biased. I think the underbite one is much better.

I agree with you. Dated feels like the wrong term, but the sculpt reflects much earlier renderings of the Hulk and they've subtly tweaked him to bring more Ruffalo likeness in over the films, especially with Ragnarok - Hulk looks more human in his features. That's why this may feel a bit off. I've always had a real dislike for the screaming head anyway though, so I may be inherently a bit biased. I think the underbite one is much better.

There's no Ruffalo likeness at all with this sculpt. The Hulk just looks like a generic monster.

Hey guys, I just the got figure it looks great. However, I was inspecting underneath the arms and I noticed these lines. Are these normal? or signs of misalignment?
have you guys noticed the same thing?

2vdfll5.jpg

25tial3.jpg

Looks good. Congrats!

Hey check out the thread in Forum Questions and Suggestions titled "FAKE HOT TOYS" - I think you might be able to help out there.

There's no Ruffalo likeness at all with this sculpt. The Hulk just looks like a generic monster.

Agreed. Like I said, that's just reuse of the mold that was fairly accurate to the A1 CG render of the character. Since then there's a lot more Ruffalo in his features in the movies which hurts the sculpt.

Hey guys, I just the got figure it looks great. However, I was inspecting underneath the arms and I noticed these lines. Are these normal? or signs of misalignment?
have you guys noticed the same thing?

Normal - all of them have some varying degree of it.

hi guys, i have a question, someone knows a way to remove the armor of the chest from the doll of thor?

Thanks for the compliments! here's another pic. BTW kinetic sand works great as a base lol

38650371_10212176408393837_3652506910835343360_n.jpg

Has anyone tried to swap heads with one of the older Thors with long hair? Curious to see how that would look

You’re in luck just started my regular cleaning and these were the first two I pulled out. I think Gladiator HS on AOU body looks better than other way around, the neck is a bit thick for the head... apologies for bad iPhone shots.

9f7df946d5eca3b2aeff4443ebafd1f4.jpg

be8b8c1a3a982848f83919d1b1abe2d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back