1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread but did a little mod to imply he has that shocker on his neck. Just need to refine it. Used a spare button that came with my SS joker!
2B58697B-5DE5-4C2A-98D0-D93A4B5CFF9B.jpeg

Attachments

• 8AA61D3E-C995-47AF-9ED5-C6DDFC42362D.jpg
    8AA61D3E-C995-47AF-9ED5-C6DDFC42362D.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 86
If you could only get one Thor...do you think this is it?

The fusion of classic Thor and techno colours just...POPS.

Also, the helmet!

If you could only get one Thor...do you think this is it?

The fusion of classic Thor and techno colours just...POPS.

Also, the helmet!
Not for me. I own this Thor and it's certainly cool, but it would never be the definitive Thor. It's clearly a fun alternate Thor though.

I'd wait and see what Love and Thunder brings. This one is cool but you can do better. If anything, Roadworn is the one to hunt down.

Thanks for the insight!
Like you, I try to limit to one figure per character. For Thor I went with Endgame to go with Cap and Iron Man. My definitive Thor is Avengers, so hopefully they release a 2.0. If I was to pick a definitive Thor from those already made, it would be Roadwork Thor, but he's very expensive now, so I'm satisfied with Endgame.
I really like Thor in Infinity War, but I don't think the headsculpt looks like him and Stormbreaker is way too small.

What's your favourite Thor look or movie with Thor in it? Use that as your guide, not what others think is definitive.

I desire this figure. I think if you had an alternate long-haired headsculpt, plus gave him a hammer to hold, it could be definitive. If I had the money to pick this up I would make sure to get a loose mjolnir. I’m also wondering if the silver helmet from the first movie figure fits on this head? Curious how that would look.

Like you, I try to limit to one figure per character. For Thor I went with Endgame to go with Cap and Iron Man. My definitive Thor is Avengers, so hopefully they release a 2.0. If I was to pick a definitive Thor from those already made, it would be Roadwork Thor, but he's very expensive now, so I'm satisfied with Endgame.
I really like Thor in Infinity War, but I don't think the headsculpt looks like him and Stormbreaker is way too small.

What's your favourite Thor look or movie with Thor in it? Use that as your guide, not what others think is definitive.
To be very honest, I think Thor's character peaked in Ragnarok and they put him in a costume with great colours and a actual helmet finally. He looks wacky but I love it. That is probably why I like this version.

To be very honest, I think Thor's character peaked in Ragnarok and they put him in a costume with great colours and a actual helmet finally. He looks wacky but I love it. That is probably why I like this version.
You should definitely strongly consider getting the Ragnarok version then. My only issue with it is that he doesn't come with Mjolnir or Stormbreaker, but it's great otherwise.

I decided Roadworn Thor as my sole Thor. I like Gladiator Thor as it is Roadworn with some color and weapons. AOU version looks good in the armor. Could always roll the dice for next year as I see 2 Thors happening in that movie.

I decided Roadworn Thor as my sole Thor. I like Gladiator Thor as it is Roadworn with some color and weapons. AOU version looks good in the armor. Could always roll the dice for next year as I see 2 Thors happening in that movie.
I wish Roadwork was cheaper as I'd like to have a Mjolnir era Thor to go with my Avengers Hulk. Here's hoping for an Avengers Thor 2.0.

wow you guys are ballsy trying to only have 1 thor. I have 4 so far...
I am trying to not get too many HT figures. I did have multiple Spideys, Cap and Luke Skywalker.
I'd get an Avengers Thor 2.0 if they eerie release it.

Anybody who’s received this figure:

Do your Thors sort of flop at the waist? If I hold him by the legs and lightly shake him the top half rocks back and forth. I’m unsure if something’s happening at the waist or at the hips. Does that make sense? Am I the only one seeing this?
Hi @norton7613. I noticed the same on my gladiator thor. Has it gone worse for you with time? It wobbles at waist/hip when held by the legs.

Can anyone confirm whether the Gladiator Thor neck peg is removable? I have looked through the chat history and closet thing I found for how the neck set-up could be was in a body swap modification where there was a photograph of the back of the gladiator Thor body core.

From the photograph it looked like the neck peg was retained in the body by a screwed cover, rather than a simple pull-out ball joint. Appreciate any insight folks can give as I want to custom my Gladiator Thor with a third party light up eyes headsculpt. Unfortunately that headsculpt has a male neck peg rather than a female socket.

Thanks

Back