1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe too many people stopped buying them at the higher prices?

:rotfl

I know... I was joking.

The routine most people seem to follow: Complain about the head sculpt and price. Pre-order. Complain some more. Cancel Pre-order. Complain about some other figure for awhile. Pre-order again. Complain its taking so long. Figure arrives. Complain, take pictures, and get kudos on the pictures. Some will finally say something positive about it... others will go on YouTube and destroy it because they have more money than sense and like to make a public record point of it in the selfie generation.

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I actually liked this figure since announcement, and truly ddsperate for its release, that’s all I promise [emoji28]🤞🏼

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Is it me or Hot Toys got slow recently?
I think the last release was Anakin on March 2 [emoji848] it’s been more than 20 days without any release... it’s making me freak out!
They are busy preparing IW line... I think.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They are busy preparing IW line... I think.

That’s right but they better hurry releasing this for example, or everyone’s gonna wait for IW version instead [emoji53]. The same for the Gladiator Hulk.

I think that was one of the reasons they released so early Homecoming Spidey... who was expected for a July release, but then nobodoy would care about him or at least would save their money after seeing Iron Spider in the film.

That’s right but they better hurry releasing this for example, or everyone’s gonna wait for IW version instead [emoji53]. The same for the Gladiator Hulk.

I think that was one of the reasons they released so early Homecoming Spidey... who was expected for a July release, but then nobodoy would care about him or at least would save their money after seeing Iron Spider in the film.
True true, I thought that gladiator thor is the only thor I want, thinking it will be the last thor with both his eyes and love the colors of the suit... But comes iw, not only does he get his eye back but I find thor with the eye patch is the definitive thor. He is just way too cool and it may be the only thor with the eye patch. Wish I knew it back then, now I have to get both hahaha
Same with spiderman, I love the classic look but man the iron spider seems to be cool as hell too... Uggghhh

I think the IW thor looks boring. No colors and nothing particularly special he comes with either. The gladiator thor has a helmet, shield and mace. Plus that nice color scheme. Not to mention Ragnarok is awesome and my favorite thor movie.

I think the IW thor looks boring. No colors and nothing particularly special he comes with either. The gladiator thor has a helmet, shield and mace. Plus that nice color scheme. Not to mention Ragnarok is awesome and my favorite thor movie.

I like the lightning but comes down to it - Thor isn't a fav and with rising costs will hold out for IW2 version. Figure if I want lightning so bad there's probably a YT vid on how to do it and it won't cost a whole fig. Don't like short dark hair either tho think it works for Gladiator Thor.

Gladiator Thor is a very specific Thor though. The mace and shield for instance are only on screen for a few seconds. And he's not really "Thor" if that makes sense. He's great to have in a collection, but not in for instance an Avenger line-up. He's like having jail clothing Harley Quinn.

Still, if I showed IW Thor to non movie following friends or family, they probably wouldn't know who he is either... Even my truck driver, 'as far from geek as you can get' brother recognised who my other brother was dressed up as in a Facebook photo, when dressed up in an Avenger movie Thor costume for a fancy dress party... :lol

Gladiator Thor is a very specific Thor though. The mace and shield for instance are only on screen for a few seconds. And he's not really "Thor" if that makes sense. He's great to have in a collection, but not in for instance an Avenger line-up. He's like having jail clothing Harley Quinn.

Still, if I showed IW Thor to non movie following friends or family, they probably wouldn't know who he is either... Even my truck driver, 'as far from geek as you can get' brother recognised who my other brother was dressed up as in a Facebook photo, when dressed up in an Avenger movie Thor costume for a fancy dress party... [emoji38]

This is all so true but thankfully I am someone who don't care what others think of my collection, I never showed my collection to anyone else but my wife and son... So is easy for me just to buy what I like... My driver doesn't need to recognize my thor hahaha.

Has everyone moved onto the IW thor forum post? I’m just waiting until it’s released and then buying the head seperate to go with gladiator thor.

Well it's supposedly this month, I really hope the premiere of Avengers Infinity War does not push this figure back, I really want this released already! XD

Acording to BBTS it has been pushed to 4th quarter.

Which is about right, maybe a little late, based on when it was originally announced to be out by hot toys I believe. They had it up through 2qrt in Hong Kong so they said it could take till almost July. Add 6-8 weeks for Sideshow and a week or two extra for bbts and that’s around the 4th quarter and that’s not even a delay yet.

Dang it. I was going to use my Thank You code from this for Infinity Thor. Think I'll go the Reward Point route instead..

Hmm strange. Only the normal version says Q4. The deluxe as well as Gladiator Hulk still says Q2.

Also should note all versions are still listed as Q2 on sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope it isn’t true, I had a lot of high hopes on an any day release of this figure, I mean like 80% of this figure are reused parts (specially from Roadworn Thor), only for the different headsculpt and cape.

Hope it isn’t true, I had a lot of high hopes on an any day release of this figure, I mean like 80% of this figure are reused parts (specially from Roadworn Thor), only for the different headsculpt and cape.

Yeah I hope it comes out soon. There are SOOO many figures in Q4 2018 and Q1 2019 I need to space it out a bit haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back