1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it isn’t true, I had a lot of high hopes on an any day release of this figure, I mean like 80% of this figure are reused parts (specially from Roadworn Thor), only for the different headsculpt and cape.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I think there’s a lot more new then just that. The sleeve on the left arm, the shoulder guards, shin guards, helmet, shield, mace, four swords, daggers, etc...

I think there’s a lot more new then just that. The sleeve on the left arm, the shoulder guards, shin guards, helmet, shield, mace, four swords, daggers, etc...

Haha you’re right, my mistake was that I wanted to say that this figure won’t be made from zero.
And I really wasn’t thinking in the accesories [emoji848]

I'd like this - but it would come down to this or IW Thor, and I think that the latter exhibits the largest character change from what we knew to King Thor, which is visually more interesting on a shelf. Plus my only Thor is the RW iteration, so there's much less change between figures there.

This figure unfortunately is very scene specific, even if they add the additional accessories from the rest of the movie - I think he really called for an...let's just say...electrifying headsculpt so as to cover both the gladiator match and Bifrost Batttle look.

Haha you’re right, my mistake was that I wanted to say that this figure won’t be made from zero.
And I really wasn’t thinking in the accesories [emoji848]

That is true. They do have a head start. But it’s still a lot of extra stuff they have to make and paint, some by hand. Just the head and helmet is a lot of work on the production and design front.

It’s possible this comes out soon in Hong Kong. But if it released toady it’s gone be around June before any other retailers get it. If it comes out on schedule, the one hot toys announced, not Sideshow or bbts, then quarter 4 would be pushing it for others...but midway into 3rd would be right on schedule. I double checked and hot toys did say 1-2nd qrt for Hong Kong. The Sideshow dates are not the ones to go by really. That’s more about flex payments and having people ready. And the reps often don’t have the right info to go by.

That is true. They do have a head start. But it’s still a lot of extra stuff they have to make and paint, some by hand. Just the head and helmet is a lot of work on the production and design front.

It’s possible this comes out soon in Hong Kong. But if it released toady it’s gone be around June before any other retailers get it. If it comes out on schedule, the one hot toys announced, not Sideshow or bbts, then quarter 4 would be pushing it for others...but midway into 3rd would be right on schedule. I double checked and hot toys did say 1-2nd qrt for Hong Kong. The Sideshow dates are not the ones to go by really. That’s more about flex payments and having people ready. And the reps often don’t have the right info to go by.

That’s right I usually pay a bit extra to get it from a friend who has HK seller and I usually get my figures (the most anticipated ones) like 10 days after a Hong Kong release; I think with Hot Toys having very limited stock of new releases (maybe they’re using their work force to produce Infinity War figs) it makes it more worth it than ever before to have them soon

I'd like this - but it would come down to this or IW Thor, and I think that the latter exhibits the largest character change from what we knew to King Thor, which is visually more interesting on a shelf. Plus my only Thor is the RW iteration, so there's much less change between figures there.

This figure unfortunately is very scene specific, even if they add the additional accessories from the rest of the movie - I think he really called for an...let's just say...electrifying headsculpt so as to cover both the gladiator match and Bifrost Batttle look.

You got some good Points there. After giving this some thought I decided to jump ship to the IW version :D

Click below only if you've seen IW.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What do y'all think?

Spoiler Spoiler:

What do y'all think?

Definitely. I really don’t think anywhere near as many figures will get made, as a lot of people earlier predicted..

Spoiler Spoiler:

What do y'all think?

i agree :/

i was def getting him either way though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh snap...I thought I was posting on the Gladiator Hulk thread...my B... :slap

But yeah. my previous comment still stands haha. :lol

Delayed by sideshow a little
6403703922d29b2b26db76f797057254.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely. I really don’t think anywhere near as many figures will get made, as a lot of people earlier predicted..

I think what has been shown will be it for Infinity War… maybe one or two "surprise" releases (SDCC exclusive, perhaps?)
but that is pretty well everything. I could be wrong, but at this point they are probably working on the new
Ant-Man / Possibly Wasp, Captain Marvel and then Avengers 4 figures.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What do y'all think?

They are definitely setting up that return in Avengers 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think what has been shown will be it for Infinity War… maybe one or two "surprise" releases (SDCC exclusive, perhaps?)
but that is pretty well everything. I could be wrong, but at this point they are probably working on the new

I think so as well. The only two figures I expect that haven’t been shown yet are War Machine (a 100% certainty) and Bucky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn. Hela was pushed to Q4 2018 and now Hulk and Thor are being pushed too. This is my next Marvel purchase so the delay stings a little.

Well, I bought a hammer for this figure since it's likely to be my only Thor. The hammer arrived, but with the figure months away I decided to do this in the meantime...
8551ee625db2d5e2ba94c9635bb08715.jpg
88208bb40eebda5f064c706a0fac51fe.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I do think they should bring out Gamora and Drax. Call them "Guardians 2" figures, call them "Infinity War" it doesn't really matter, but considering Rocket gets two near identical figures it would be a crime not to release something. (Especially as we have already seen teases of the Guardians 2 "set" of figures). But I'm inclined to think once AMatW hit we'll be moving to the next overlap. Hell, if you look at the current movie figure overlap.. Some people are still waiting for Spider-Man, Guardians 2 may or may not be finished (At the very least, we've still got Yondu to wait for). Thor we are still waiting on all of the figures. Black Panther...

Back