1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently moved to a area in the south that reportedly has humid heat, so that probably isn’t a good factor lol

Yeah it could be a factor. But if you keep the House climate controlled you should be fine. It gets pretty humid where I am at times, and then these huge temp shifts which isn’t great for them either. But keeping them climate controlled seems to work fine. At least for me.

The people who seem to have the most issues seem to live in Singapore or somewhere exotic. I have some of the earliest rubber arm figures (Rambo, Appleseed, etc) with no issues in NorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people who seem to have the most issues seem to live in Singapore or somewhere exotic. I have some of the earliest rubber arm figures (Rambo, Appleseed, etc) with no issues in NorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that Rambo figure is one a lot of people talked about but mines fine too. And I have a couple extra Rambo bodies I used for customs that are fine. Good figure, especially given how long ago it was. I have a couple of their early navy seal bodies too. No issues.

I live in Singapore and will let you know how it holds up over time. Will be my first rubber arm... We shall see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I’ve been waitng for his HK release for about the past two weeks; he must be the next Hot Toys release if not Wonder Woman in her training outfit.

I really wish Thor had a facial expression. Come to think of it, that's my complaint about a lot of Hot Toys, and one reason I've been getting more into statues lately.

I really wish Thor had a facial expression. Come to think of it, that's my complaint about a lot of Hot Toys, and one reason I've been getting more into statues lately.

Definitely one area HT could improve in. Most have vacant, expressionless looks and when they do try something more dynamic it comes off as a caricature.

Yeah it's a shame you've got all these great actors and fun personalities playing the characters, and yet most of the figures end up looking either deadly serious or totally expressionless.

There’s a lot of backlash every time they do emoting heads though. From Harley to rocket to the little open mouth on DW Thor. Every time a fair bit of people complain about it. So given that the reception is about the same for both ways and people complain no matter what..and doing an expression is a lot harder to sculpt, tool, paint there’s not a ton of reasons for them to attempt it more often.

It's nice to have masked figures where a swappable faceplate will do the job. That said, I would pay a little extra if every figure had a deluxe version with a second headsculpt (like Rocket).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

There’s a lot of backlash every time they do emoting heads though. From Harley to rocket to the little open mouth on DW Thor. Every time a fair bit of people complain about it. So given that the reception is about the same for both ways and people complain no matter what..and doing an expression is a lot harder to sculpt, tool, paint there’s not a ton of reasons for them to attempt it more often.

It’s easy, just offer a deluxe version with extra heads or faces at an extra cost. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s easy, just offer a deluxe version with extra heads or faces at an extra cost. [emoji848]

Totally agree. But for most figures that’s not an option as a large portion of the customer base would rather have a single head and lower price or there’s ones like Spider-Man where they have multiple heads already and doing a third probably is unlikely. Personally I want five heads, swap out body and torso, diorama bases or thrones, back drops and all that is I’m willing to drop 500 in each for it. But that’s me. Most of the customer base would rather get less for cheaper.

Totally agree. But for most figures that’s not an option as a large portion of the customer base would rather have a single head and lower price or there’s ones like Spider-Man where they have multiple heads already and doing a third probably is unlikely. Personally I want five heads, swap out body and torso, diorama bases or thrones, back drops and all that is I’m willing to drop 500 in each for it. But that’s me. Most of the customer base would rather get less for cheaper.

Did they sell more Deluxe or Regular Rockets? I got the Deluxe.

I did pass on the Deluxe Spiderman, since the additional items didn’t seem worth it to me. So I guess I pick and choose depending on if I think I’ll display the additional items.

I pre-ordered the Deluxe Thor...what else has had the Deluxe option? The only other I remember is AoU Hulk, which I bought. My memory sucks. 🤷*♂️

Yeah they don’t do a ton of them. Star lord is another that comes to mind though.

I’m not sure which version of Rocket sold better.

Is it me or Hot Toys got slow recently?
I think the last release was Anakin on March 2 [emoji848] it’s been more than 20 days without any release... it’s making me freak out!

Back