1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that was me. The one that sold might have been better than the one I kept. The larger blood patch goes with the dual sword/facing Hela look I wanted. For the record I made at least -$15 dollars on that. It being gone keeps me from spending $200 or more in parts to build a third Gladiator Thor. I really should get a premium membership so I can sell here instead of eBay. If I’d have been selling here perhaps you wouldn’t have missed out.

Ok, tweaked him some more. Now I’m happy.

2j3h91g.jpg

So I bought a few different parts from IW Thor, planning to mod the gladiator...

Now, I remember reading that someone said, the best option for switching the arms would be to switch the whole body instead of modding the arm's ball joints and the sockets to fit them...

After getting (most) of the body from IW Thor, I was thinking about something a bit different, and maybe someone can tell me if it can indeed be done...

IMG_0833.jpg

So, since I'm not getting the whole IW body, but im getting most of the torso, I was thnking about switching the top half of the torso.
Both seem to have the same screw locations... so maybe I could just switch that top part of the torso from these figures, so no need to mod the sockets or balljoints...

What do you guys think?

Gladiator Thor is still my fav Thor tbh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I like AoU Thor as well. I like the sleeveless look, the darker colored cape, and the hairstyle for the sculpt. However, the only thing I don’t like about it is how the hair off the shoulders seems to really come up off of the shoulders at the slightest turn of the head, much more so than TDW sculpt. Consequently, you pretty much have to have him just standing looking straight ahead in order for it to look natural.

Back