1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also curious if the arms from the Infinity War figure are compatible with this one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Since I was buying IW Thor anyway I’d planned on using the bare arms on another body for my third act Thor. Finally took the time to do the mod on a KO body:
2685C1F4-7334-4A69-92D5-430FD31B6C7A.jpeg
D01302B3-534A-4358-A77F-025300BBA4D6.jpg

The neck is shorter. Brings the height down next to Hela.

Edit. I have a stock Gladiator Thor and I prefer the neck on this. Especially next to the IW Thor. That has a giraffe neck going on. Also I didn’t use long ankle pegs. I used shorter ones to balance this with Hela even more.

I got a request to explain the arm swap I did so here goes.
Once you have the donor disassembled and have the arms out and apart you need to dremel the arm to accept the ball joint the new arms are made with:
View attachment 440569
You have to be pretty accurate with this dremel work. Too far in, the arms will rub badly too far out you’ll have a gap. Too much dremeling and the arms with be loose.

Once the ball joint fit snugly I did a test assembly only find out the screw that holds the whole arm joint in now touched the ball joint impeding movement.
I had to cut a channel around the ball to avoid that. Sorry no photo, here’s a crappy diagram that shows what I did. You might have to cut it differently than I did this was a cheap KO that had frozen arms and glued wrist pegs when it showed up. It’s a TTM19 rip off. It actually matches up really close to a HT Punisher body I have.
View attachment 440571

Once you have everything fitted and it’s moving nicely reassemble:
View attachment 440572

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Edit. I used a round burr cutter to cut the socket for the arms:
1035B032-BD8A-4D7A-8DBB-E6546EB76F96.jpg

After finishing the custom AoU I recovered the top part of the IW to put it on the gladiator version to no longer have the red paint on the neck.
As we see at the end of the ragnarok movie.

190130114910766155.jpg

After finishing the custom AoU I recovered the top part of the IW to put it on the gladiator version to no longer have the red paint on the neck.
As we see at the end of the ragnarok movie.

This looks good!

Been playing around a bit and I think I’ve settled on a pose I’m happy with. Insert spin attack.

24pcjua.jpg

I got a request to explain the arm swap I did so here goes...
If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Hey man... thanks for the instructions (although there seems to be a problem with the attached pictures)
I was curious about a couple of things...
I don't know if you could explain or direct me to a page where it might have been explained already:

1) to remove the armor/ clothes in the Gladiator Thor torso, do I have to cut/damage the armor/suit?
Or just removing the arms will let me remove the armor from the torso without damages?

2) to remove the arms, do I have to remove the torso first? Or can I simply pull them away from the body?

Thanks in advance!

To remove the armor:
The lower part of the armor has an L shape glue joint that needs to be split:
20EEB219-849A-4FB1-AFB0-F8855F2A6651.jpg

It is also glued to the upper armor on each side of the front:
3E87F1E0-DF6E-4F6B-B1B0-9C3F99A29D68.jpg

Finally there is a seam that runs from the armpit to the waist on the upper section that needs to be split:
E5C7408E-1AE7-4F41-B399-8E1DEF7A7983.jpg

As for the arm switch, it’s a lot of work and requires disassembling the body quite a bit.
To remove the stock arms you need to split the seam on the rubber torso covering to access the shoulder joints.
The shoulder joints are held in place with screws and once you have them out they unscrew again into two halves.
You then have to dremel the shoulder joint to accept the new ball joint like this:
078F2651-A641-4ED9-B1D2-73482C198DF9.jpeg

And alter the ball joint itself with a properly placed groove to pass by the screw that goes through to hold the whole shoulder joint in place:
5C2CB87B-B387-44A9-9059-186A738D5520.jpeg

Honestly if I had to do it again I’d probably follow what Skylar did and swap everything onto a whole IW body. There’s a chance they release an End Game Thor that would have a more compatible body(no leds) to swap out to.

Thank you so much mate!
Yeah... the arms situation does look complex... I was actually considering a whole different thing...
Remove the arm and make casts of it... bent and relaxed... have them nicely painted and swith between them when needed...

But having the tutorial for the arm exchange might come in handy none the less...

Thing is I bought a used Thor from ebay, and it had some issues... amongst them, the left arm was peeling, from being bent...

If there is a figure that could use the Thanos pre-bent arm treatment it’s Thor. I had this one swapped onto a Netflix Punisher body with jointed arms for awhile and didn’t really mind the joints. Worked great for action poses without worry.
39633B7B-6112-4EFA-8266-0F963D49293C.jpg

So...this just happened:
View attachment 431970
My 3rd act Ragnarok Thor is close to being done.

Goddamn Magnus... I just realized it was you, who sold the customized Head on ebay...

I was adding different parts to my cart, arms, torso... and the head was in there...
I was supposed to buy all the parts tonight...
I lost my mind when I realized it was gone...:gah:

Back