1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how to put spoiler tags. But wouldn't it be awesome to get a second sculpt and effects like the 2 min mark in the trailer? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how to put spoiler tags. But wouldn't it be awesome to get a second sculpt and effects like the 2 min mark in the trailer? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that would be pretty cool if they could do it effectively. I thought about that too, but I wonder how they'd do the rest of the figure with that effect.

Here's a picture from Facebook at ACGHK:
fa5e1a0f16207a224380a3567e3efea0.jpg

would make a great comic style unworthy thor custom with janborn axe and repainted WS arm.

This is easily my favourite Thor... But why does he have to be looking off to the side like that? And slightly down too. Really limits what you can do with poses. I mean look at the official promo shots, he looks so awkward in half of them coz that look. It was still doable with the black widows, but it just looks off here.

image.jpeg

^ They did it because they already made him look forward using the same sculpt for the AoU edition. The Suicide Squad Joker Tuxedo and Asylum version also use the same sculpt but they have a different paint app. Usually Exclusives nowadays recycle sculpts or outfits to reduce the costs.

Fingers still crossed for a custom glad thor headsculpt with the long hair. But honestly this is my first thor. I'm hyped regardless

My first Thor here too. Even though it uses the same sculpt as AOU I still like it. It could be better for sure with a new sculpt, but at least it won't be a duplicate for me. I do wish they painted the eyes looking straight.

I know it's no more accurate than the AoU Thor head (concerning the beard thickness), but I almost feel like the TDW Thor head would look better on this figure.
I never got an AoU Thor since his outfit was just a slight recolor of his TDW outfit, and I liked the gold coloring over the silver and I like the the TDW sculpt much more.

902140-thor-011.jpg

hmm... Still not sure if I should get this thor or the IW version. I really want him to still have a hammer... :gah:

This is easily my favourite Thor... But why does he have to be looking off to the side like that? And slightly down too. Really limits what you can do with poses. I mean look at the official promo shots, he looks so awkward in half of them coz that look. It was still doable with the black widows, but it just looks off here.

View attachment 356908

I usually never notice a figure's eyes once posed.

My first Thor here too. Even though it uses the same sculpt as AOU I still like it. It could be better for sure with a new sculpt, but at least it won't be a duplicate for me. I do wish they painted the eyes looking straight.

Well.. Guess what... I went for it haha. This Thor is the embodiment of all 'metal' qualities n too badass to pass up. The outfit, the chains, the demon skull strapped to the back. Very 80s metal, which seems to be a theme ragnarok is going for anyhow. I love his cape too.

I usually never notice a figure's eyes once posed.

I've never paid attention to that tho so next time I take a look I'll see if I even do notice the eyes myself after they're posed n set.

Love everything about this figure except the sculpt, he looks too serious. Otherwise its badass and I really love the inclusion of Surtur’s skull and chain.

Ordered! :) First Thor (and only) in the collection; a good mix of the older and upcoming movies.

Has Hot Toys ever changed the direction the eyes were looking between the prototype and production piece before? Just wondering if there is even a chance they might end up looking forward by the time this comes out. (I just want an extra head to mod, hoping the prices will come down for this compared to the AOU one as a parted out head when it hits the after market, but I think new collectors who want the whole figure want him looking forward too).

Back