1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it didnt have the exact same face sculpt as AoU Thor it would probably sell much faster.. Personally i still think that the Dark World Thor is the best sculpt we got of CH. I would have bought this if it didnt have that AoU Sculpt, that sculpt just looks wierd to me, it definitely doesn't look very much like the actor.

To me the AOU sculpt looks pretty good. Looking over my Thor options - well, there were good options. Was on the fence. But this roadworn Thor - I kinda like the idea (for me) that there's a suggestion there of things getting down and dirty, in some way. Because the fancy Asgardian armor is just - gone. No perks of being a prince of Asgard and all that.

You know what, I may have to retract my statement I now see that this specific figure is only selling through SSC. So, edition size likely is lower than Hulk and the 1/4 scale figures will be. And it does "feel" more like a traditional con exclusive with the sculpt re-use. If you want to get this, you may want to jump on it just in case.

Then really glad I got my PO in!

If it didnt have the exact same face sculpt as AoU Thor it would probably sell much faster.. Personally i still think that the Dark World Thor is the best sculpt we got of CH. I would have bought this if it didnt have that AoU Sculpt, that sculpt just looks wierd to me, it definitely doesn't look very much like the actor.

Agreed, the same AOU head sculpt makes this one a pass. I still don't own a Thor yet, but I will probably end up getting an AOU one now due to same face and lower pricing.

The road worn outfit isn't iconic enough for a one and only Thor.

Agreed, the same AOU head sculpt makes this one a pass. I still don't own a Thor yet, but I will probably end up getting an AOU one now due to same face and lower pricing.

The road worn outfit isn't iconic enough for a one and only Thor.

I have been thinking about picking this up, but what you've just said knocked some sense out of me. Will pass on this one then...

I have been thinking about picking this up, but what you've just said knocked some sense out of me. Will pass on this one then...

Glad to have been of assistance! :duff

You will easily save $40-50 by going with AOU version, unless between now and the release they actually create a brand-new head sculpt, which I am extremely doubtful of.

Since this is probably unobtainable for me (since this is an exclusive...) I might have to wait for the IW version. (If they make one of course) Too bad this will probably be the last one with a hammer. :/

In the end, just go with the one you prefer most if you're only getting one Thor. I prefer the outfit in TDW/AoU a little more, but I like how this figure turned out so I decided to get this one for my long-haired Thor.

Cammo, I feel for you on that one. Do you have any other versions? Maybe you could get a loose hammer parted out? The Gladiator one probably won't be exclusive so there's also that, though it won't have the hammer. Although if you prefer him without the paint on his head and outfit, they'll probably do one for IW.

Gladiator Thor is too specific and the paint on the face makes it a figure I most likely will skip. I don't own a previous version of Thor. I might mail my lcs about this because it's the first time they haven't put up an exclusive.

I just preordered . Sun of a ***** ! I'm never giving up on this hobby . This and battle damaged armored Batman for Xmas .ho ho ho

I just preordered . Sun of a ***** ! I'm never giving up on this hobby . This and battle damaged armored Batman for Xmas .ho ho ho

Dude the BD Armored Batman was such a slap in the face to fans and a blatant display of double dipping. Those BD pieces and head sculpt could have EASILY been included with the initial release ala Iron Man.

Sad.

I'm glad the DC movies suck so I don't have to collect em. :yess:

Yeah I think I'm probably going to plug for this version after all - long hair + Mjolnir, plus he's missing a lot of the sillier design details on the armour that previous versions suffer from.

Shame that Hot Toys still persist in using the silly rubber arms, it's the final annoying detail that prevented previous purchases of Thor.

... May have spent a couple of hours comparing photos of the numerous versions HTs have released. And honestly, AOU Thor is the only one of the previous releases that I might have gone after, despite the differences of opinion about the sculpts.

Urgh - and so much for my only one-of-each character guideline, I'm almost certainly going to PO the Gladiator version too.

Dude the BD Armored Batman was such a slap in the face to fans and a blatant display of double dipping. Those BD pieces and head sculpt could have EASILY been included with the initial release ala Iron Man.

Sad.

I'm glad the DC movies suck so I don't have to collect em. :yess:

same could be said about marvel figures, especially when the reuse the same headsculpt and body for every release. At least with DC we only had 1 real armored batman (not counting the black chrome which is an elseworlds one off), also this one has more differences from the original then most of the marvel figures which are really just the same sculpt with slightly different colored armor (soft goods)

same could be said about marvel figures, especially when the reuse the same headsculpt and body for every release. At least with DC we only had 1 real armored batman (not counting the black chrome which is an elseworlds one off), also this one has more differences from the original then most of the marvel figures which are really just the same sculpt with slightly different colored armor (soft goods)

Disagree.

Fabricating an entirely different version figure (BD Armored Batman) versus new releases of actual different movie versions of Marvel character doesn't really compare.

The first being a blatant double-dip and the second being just releasing products to a new movie line.

i'd agree if the new version of this thor didn't resuse the same parts, but since the head and really the body are the same as the AoU version, the only change is the soft goods. How is that less of a double dip then this one (i.e the battle damage armored batman) which required a brand new head sculpt and body based on the new posses that are achievable with this new version. Yes the soft goods (eg costume) havent changed but the other components did, whereas with thor nothing changed but the soft goods

i'd agree if the new version of this thor didn't resuse the same parts, but since the head and really the body are the same as the AoU version, the only change is the soft goods. How is that less of a double dip then this one (i.e the battle damage armored batman) which required a brand new head sculpt and body based on the new posses that are achievable with this new version. Yes the soft goods (eg costume) havent changed but the other components did, whereas with thor nothing changed but the soft goods

Exactly . It's a business dude . There looking to make $$ so they can continue to make more figures to make more $$. I'm fully aware of that when I preorder. Nobody is forcing us to get these versions . He's going to look awesome next to my dark world Thor . The battle damaged Batman was exactly what I've been waiting for them to make . I could have been a lot better with the head sculpt and stand but they probably weren't allowed to put out a screaming head sculpt .

Will this version become rare because it's the last time in a long time that he will have long hair because in IW he still has short hair :dunno

Will this version become rare because it's the last time in a long time that he will have long hair because in IW he still has short hair :dunno
Debatable - it's the more traditional look, so perhaps. It certainly pushed me to grab it. I think the selling major point is the Surtur faceplate. I know I'm stoked about that.

You know what, I may have to retract my statement :lol I now see that this specific figure is only selling through SSC. So, edition size likely is lower than Hulk and the 1/4 scale figures will be. And it does "feel" more like a traditional con exclusive with the sculpt re-use. If you want to get this, you may want to jump on it just in case.

That would be the notice that says "Exclusively available through Sideshow.com. Limited availability in select international territories." :lol

As a side note, as an international buyer of Thor figures I've been bitten before by Sideshow not being no longer to ship, after their allocation to my region had exceeded. I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't for the fact that the checkout and order went through and my order just sat there in limbo for weeks, until I emailed them. Most of the time, such as 99% of the figures that the $25 codes are eligible on, it just won't let you checkout, as soon as you state your country. Fortunately Popcultcha still had it. Don't know about BBTS as I've never used them.

Sorry, I might have been premature with the 24 hour call... but I'm just not taking the chance.. :monkey1

Back