1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theyll most likely replace it. Not sure how long you've been collecting but they do that all the time....

Those "Prototype" placards are there for a reason.
Nope. Not gonna happen. They're trying to get this out in time for the movie hype.

Want the skull but ultimately will pass on the figure. I am happy with my Light Armor version.

Ordered.. I suspect this will go the way of New Avenger Scarlet Witch and the Battle Damaged Captain America. Almost wish I had the LA Thor now, but I can't justify the price of a figure which is a cross between two others I already own..

Ordered.. I suspect this will go the way of New Avenger Scarlet Witch and the Battle Damaged Captain America. Almost wish I had the LA Thor now, but I can't justify the price of a figure which is a cross between two others I already own..

What do you mean when you say go the way of those figures?

Scarlet Witch didn't scream "Must buy" either, especially as we knew a Civil War version was coming, which made it the 3rd figure of a fairly minor Avenger character in less than a year... We'll see. I don't know how many of these they make for Toy Fair promotions and the like, but as soon as "Limited to 1", and "Exclusive to Sideshow", "Limited shipping to International Territories" are attached, it becomes a bit of a lottery as to how fast they waitlist. Gladiator Thor won't be selling out fast though.

This is gonna be my first Thor. I'm glad he's coming out so soon compared to most others. It'll be around the same time as the DC MK6 so I'll have them to join my lone Marvel figure at the moment, War Machine MK3.

This is gonna be my first Thor. I'm glad he's coming out so soon compared to most others. It'll be around the same time as the DC MK6 so I'll have them to join my lone Marvel figure at the moment, War Machine MK3.

My first Thor too. Just PO'd. I wanted long hair, the hammers, a cape. Know it's not "classic" look but the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of a road-worn, Norse warrior. Like the chain and skull. Hope I can pick up a classic Thor one day but excited about this one.

Not sure if this will sell out quick but im sure it will be great for anyone that doesnt have a previous thor. I got the aou and happy with it but damn that skull is cool lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first Thor too. Just PO'd. I wanted long hair, the hammers, a cape. Know it's not "classic" look but the more I thought about it the more I liked the idea of a road-worn, Norse warrior. Like the chain and skull. Hope I can pick up a classic Thor one day but excited about this one.

Not sure if this will sell out quick but im sure it will be great for anyone that doesnt have a previous thor. I got the aou and happy with it but damn that skull is cool lol

Yeah I also wanted a Thor with long hair and Mjolnir. I wanted to make sure I had a traditional looking Thor in my display. Interesting cape this time around, but I like it. Still down for a short hair version too, whether it be Ragnarok or IW. Probably will wait for IW, but the Gladiator version might tempt me.

Waitlisted within 24 hours or so of going live on the Sideshow site..
Totally different situations. Those other figures were "movie promo" editions, which almost always sell out quickly because they are genuinely rare. Then, you have legitimate con. exclusives like the Ghost Rider figure that are also reasonably rare and can sell out pretty quickly. This is a regular release masquerading as a con. exclusive. They're being released to BBTS and other retailers. It's not going to sell out anytime soon.

Totally different situations. Those other figures were "movie promo" editions, which almost always sell out quickly because they are genuinely rare. Then, you have legitimate con. exclusives like the Ghost Rider figure that are also reasonably rare and can sell out pretty quickly. This is a regular release masquerading as a con. exclusive. They're being released to BBTS and other retailers. It's not going to sell out anytime soon.

Thank you for pointing out the details. I didnt want to keep going back and forth with the dude.

That's good to know - I like the sculpt on this one too. LOL for me after thinking about it a while there just wasn't a reason to NOT get this guy, since I needed a Thor. I figure the "classic" look MIGHT return for IW2.

But, for me, I sort of view anything from Ragnarok on as Infinity War pickups. Maybe/probably for my shelves. At least to IW2. I'm gonna have to pick and choose. Stash cash for what I suspect will be the holiday season POs for IW.

So it begins $$$$$$.:horror:cool:

If it didnt have the exact same face sculpt as AoU Thor it would probably sell much faster.. Personally i still think that the Dark World Thor is the best sculpt we got of CH. I would have bought this if it didnt have that AoU Sculpt, that sculpt just looks wierd to me, it definitely doesn't look very much like the actor.

Thank you for pointing out the details. I didnt want to keep going back and forth with the dude.
You know what, I may have to retract my statement :lol I now see that this specific figure is only selling through SSC. So, edition size likely is lower than Hulk and the 1/4 scale figures will be. And it does "feel" more like a traditional con exclusive with the sculpt re-use. If you want to get this, you may want to jump on it just in case.

Back