1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

The 1/6th scale Roadworn Thor Collectible Figure specially features:
- Newly painted head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in Thor: Ragnarok
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
- Blonde hair sculpture
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations and seamless elbow joints
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable hands including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of open hands
- One (1) pair for holding Mjolnir
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) burgundy-colored cape
- One (1) black-colored upper body armor
- One (1) cross-body leather-like brown-colored belt
- One (1) pair of metal-colored forearm armor with leather-like strap
- One (1) pair of black pants with striped design on sides and black-colored knee-pad
- One (1) pair of black-colored boots with leather-like strap

Weapons:
- One (1) metal Mjolnir with patterned handle and leather-like strap
- One (1) blue-colored LED light-up Mjolnir with patterned handle and leather-like strap (battery operated)

Accessories:
- One (1) Mjolnir lightning effect accessory
- One (1) Surtur’s skull (magnetically attachable to back of figure)
- One (1) metal chain
- Specially-designed figure stand with character nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Jong Hyuk, Park
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2017

I don't mind that they're reusing a sculpt since I don't think that sculpt is bad, but they could have at least tried to make his beard look fuller/thicker... Of course that would be considered a new sculpt then I suppose. Either way, it's a flat-out lie saying it's movie-accurate.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Why does that make sense? Do exclusive things normally have refused parts or less effort put in on limited figures?

It's not gonna be sold to as wide a market and it's representing a look that (at least going off the trailers) Thor isn't gonna have very long in the movie anyway. I can see why this wouldn't be a huge priority.

Then again, I thought it was absurd when they went to the effort of doing a new Scarlet Witch figure for a costume she only ever wore for about 20 seconds in a single movie and then never sported again.

Maybe the larger Surtur is a resurrection by Hela. Speculate speculate speculate[emoji848]

Sent from a single point in space and time

Maybe the larger Surtur is a resurrection by Hela. Speculate speculate speculate[emoji848]

Sent from a single point in space and time

I find it more interesting that he has both mjolnir and surtur's skull. I'm trying to figure out the timing of it all between when it gets destroyed and presumably when or if he gets it back.

I don't know much about Surtur, but I assume he isn't one of those villains that can be vanquished permanently. Banished maybe. I'm sure Hela has something to do with his apparent resurrection/revival. Like HDGuy84 stated, the skull is probably the item that connects him to the mortal realm... Maybe Thor is tasked with trying to keep it away from evil hands... And when Hela comes to retrieve it, she destroys the hammer and takes it from him.

Think il get this and eventually place a short haired sculpt on it. I'm really liking the look of his costume without all the goofy colored armor piled on top, and of course having Mjolnir is a must!

While I wish this had a new sculpt - I'm okay with this because it's my first Thor. And I've waited patiently for the one who's armor did it for me, and I really like this. Especially that dark red corduroy looking cape.

Think il get this and eventually place a short haired sculpt on it. I'm really liking the look of his costume without all the goofy colored armor piled on top, and of course having Mjolnir is a must!

Yea I was going to say hopefully some genius can take the gladiator thors headscuplt, take off the red paint, put on the sculpted hair and sell a few. Would definitely insta buy!!!

While I wish this had a new sculpt - I'm okay with this because it's my first Thor. And I've waited patiently for the one who's armor did it for me, and I really like this. Especially that dark red corduroy looking cape.

My first thor too! Haven't been feeling the plastic armor look. Love this simple tone downed more viking look. Also that dark cape is fire..smoldering fire

Its up for po with hulk. And i just came to the conclusion that they must have had a bunch of aou thor that didnt sell. Same head and same light up hammer. Bust the skull and outfit is cool tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating if I should use some points on this or keep saving them. I'm glad it's not going to take too long to release.

This might be the last long hair Thor since It's short for Infinity War. Guess he got tired of wearing a wig.

Theyll most likely replace it. Not sure how long you've been collecting but they do that all the time....

Those "Prototype" placards are there for a reason.

It's a Toy Fair Exclusive and scheduled to release in the Fall, good luck with that......

Back