1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor Collectible Figure

It looks like Surtur is just going to be a minor threat that Thor faces and easily defeats at the beginning of the film.

Let's hope I'm wrong. :monkey3

You're wrong. The earlier teaser reel released at Comic Con last year mentioned Thor and Hulk fighting Surtur together. That would indicate he doesn't fight the heroes until late in the film.

You're wrong. The earlier teaser reel released at Comic Con last year mentioned Thor and Hulk fighting Surtur together. That would indicate he doesn't fight the heroes until late in the film.

Good. For a second I was worried they'd pull another Iron Man 3 on us.

So, do Thor and Hulk battle Surtur BEFORE they battle each other in the arena? If not, Thor's hair will have to grow back pretty quickly.
Maybe Thor faces him early in the film and then fights him again later with Hulk? I don't know .....

Thanks, man! :yess:

Yeah, looks like Surtur's skull.
My guess is that he's a secondary villain which Thor has to defeat in order to save the day from Hela.

I'm guessing Hela seeks to unleash Sutter and Fenris on the 9 realms. It looks like Surtur has to be "awakened".

So, do Thor and Hulk battle Surtur BEFORE they battle each other in the arena? If not, Thor's hair will have to grow back pretty quickly.
Maybe Thor faces him early in the film and then fights him again later with Hulk? I don't know .....

There are a few possibilities here. Remember we are in the realm of Thor here. That could be...

A: Fire demon that isn't Surtur but is in his likeness. Like SurtJR. :rotfl
B: Thor comics has recently had the skull of Jotunn... the frost giant king... stolen and reanimated. Perhaps Thor has found the skull of this former dangerous foe in the form of the fire giant...and has retrieved it to keep it safe on Asgard... he returns weary from procuring it and... boom there is Hela to steal it using an infinity stone to destroy mjolnir. She then begins Ragnarok and Thor has to fight his way back before she can ignite Ragnarok. Then, in classic movie fashion, Surtur is brought back to life and is beginning the Ragnarok destruction of Asgard with Fenrir (Also confirmed with toys and part of Norse mythology Ragnarok) when our heroes return in time to try and stop it. *possible spoilers but cue Odin if you will*
C: Perhaps Dr Strange sends Thor back in time using the The Eye of Agamotto
D: Or Thor kills Surtur in the beginning of the film, takes his head on his back, the Hulk scenes were a troll in the original trailer shown to fans at a CC... and a group like Hot Toys and POP completely spoils it... thus starting a ton of people whom have zero ability to think outside of the box, including every mass media pop culture websites writing articles for the new "Hot Take" "You saw it here first via a picture I saw that explains the entire movie" culture that gets hits and spews opinion based on teasers.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Best Thor they made so far. Ordered! :lecture

Forgot to post these Toyark photos to the thread:

14ecb8e3ac103241d6cb41fde4203dd5.jpeg

a69a2634a60f705d85d2e9c26b7fe4e8.jpeg

5cc8812bdb5d772f18b346c30f9494f9.jpeg

If I only get one Thor from this movie, it's likely to be just this version.

If he faces him early in the film but has to fight him later, why would he have his decapitated head?

There are two rather simple possibilities that people don't seem to have thought about: 1) It could be that there's a timeskip of some kind that explains how Thor is able to grow his ponytail back. 2) The head isn't literally Surtur's head. It could be a statue or artifact of some kind.

What's wrapped around Mjolnir in the bottom right of the first picture?

Sent from a single point in space and time

What's wrapped around Mjolnir in the bottom right of the first picture?

Sent from a single point in space and time

Lightning. It's the same piece from AoU Thor.

If he faces him early in the film but has to fight him later, why would he have his decapitated head?

There are two rather simple possibilities that people don't seem to have thought about: 1) It could be that there's a timeskip of some kind that explains how Thor is able to grow his ponytail back. 2) The head isn't literally Surtur's head. It could be a statue or artifact of some kind.

You guys are thinking too hard. Maybe Hela awakens Surtur early in the film. Forcing thor to carry his head and be apart of the ritual simply because...she is more powerful and made thor her *****.

Then he is banished to gladiator planet on the other side of the universe and Surtur is going wild on the 9 realms with thor racing against time to get back before he destroys everything.

So this is a TF exclusive. The essential reuse of AOU Thor makes sense now.

9d5c2ba51bca7fdddf3fe0cfa5490a3d.jpg
5ddd946864627e54d048ca7986f81f87.jpg
87c4f0c17c6bda2696c1dd0e89228ebb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm torn between wanting the Surtur skull and thinking it looks cheap (the way it's cut in half may happen in the film, but right now looks like a toy accessory designed to comfortably be worn on the figure's back).

This one will be a really tough decision for me without knowing what role the Surtur fight plays in the film.

This was posted on FB.

20258427_1572964852737218_8096226271665955515_n.jpg

In US Dollars:
Mark 2: Diecast - $265-270
Thor: $195-200
Hulk: $280-285
Batman JLA: $215-220
Joker 1/4 : $445-450
Batman 1/4: $380-385

This was posted on FB.

20258427_1572964852737218_8096226271665955515_n.jpg

In US Dollars:
Mark 2: Diecast - $265-270
Thor: $195-200
Hulk: $280-285
Batman JLA: $215-220
Joker 1/4 : $445-450
Batman 1/4: $380-385

Those are direct currency conversions, I assume? So we still have to account for US retailer markups. I'd expect $20-40 higher on each of those.

Yep, those are the direct conversions.

Back