1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's why I'm not worried about getting her . A few months after the stealth Mark vii released, I acquired two more for $325 (new) and $290 (displayed). Thing with these figures is people buy them to quickly resell and that just causes the prices to nosedive

They don't all hold their value, but the movie promos usually stay above retail in the secondary. And even if it's a little cheaper, I'd still prefer to order from a place like sideshow where I have access to good customer service.

They don't all hold their value, but the movie promos usually stay above retail in the secondary. And even if it's a little cheaper, I'd still prefer to order from a place like sideshow where I have access to good customer service.

This is true for me as well and as for that " buy it and flip it " comment, i dont do that.

I'm subscribed to his channel but I don't watch a lot of his videos. I don't get that either, of course they are there to make money :slap Thinking otherwise is just plain stupid :lol

I actually come here for news and opinions about Hot Toys and youtube for reviews. I just can't watch reviews of somebody like that who complains more than reviews :lol That's why I prefer ApeManRyans reviews or Xenomorphs or my favourite Darkangels reviews. They can be impartial and fair and are just people worth listening to :dance

:goodpost:

I haven't seen an AMR review yet. Xeno and DA give good reviews. I tend to like Sean Long's and Shartimus Prime's reviews as well.

I don't think UA buy direct from SSC, may have a source in HK as they've sold other movie promos in the past like GA Cap. Glad I got the email from them and I've preordered through them now. Cheaper than buying through SSC when you add shipping and exchange rate/Credit card fees. Also happy to help out an Aussie supplier because it's great to see them stocking this stuff and we're not having to rely on buying from overseas.

Those people are scum. :pfft:

Ehh. The last figure to blow up in value was Python . Han and Chewie skyrocketed but then it was announced another run was being made and they're back at retail . You just need to be smart about things . I have maybe 2-4 on every movie promo figure because I'm a hoarder , but don't think I've ever paid more than $ 50 over retail . (Avengers mk vi being my one exception, but even then I acquired one for $350)

I collect vintage guitars so I've dealt with every type of trend imaginable .

I will not be selling this even if it did double in value (i know it will not just an example). I did not buy this or any of my figures to make money.

I don't reckon it will increase that much in the secondary market, maybe for a little while, but there will inevitably be another SW figure from CW or IW later on, so if they are similar to this one, I can see people just opting for the new one rather than paying above retail for this one.

HT will always come up with a new gimmick to sell the next figure...new headsculpt, new exclusive accessory and people will buy it.

Yeah, the chances of any figure being significantly above retail is slim. But that doesn't mean it won't be more. Lots of figures go for 50-100 over retail.

I don't reckon it will increase that much in the secondary market, maybe for a little while, but there will inevitably be another SW figure from CW or IW later on, so if they are similar to this one, I can see people just opting for the new one rather than paying above retail for this one.

HT will always come up with a new gimmick to sell the next figure...new headsculpt, new exclusive accessory and people will buy it.

Yeah i know i was just trying to use an extreme example to say that i do not really care how much my figures are worth (or not worth) because i'm not selling. I have several figures that i could sell and make more than i paid but i enjoy them and my entire collection to much to ever even think about selling them.

I really like this look for her, so i personally will not be buying another Scarlet Witch. I only buy multiples of IM and Cap. i did skip the regular and movie promo CW Cap just because it was not different enough from the AoU version for me.

Yeah i know i was just trying to use an extreme example to say that i do not really care how much my figures are worth (or not worth) because i'm not selling. I have several figures that i could sell and make more than i paid but i enjoy them and my entire collection to much to ever even think about selling them.

I really like this look for her, so i personally will not be buying another Scarlet Witch. I only buy multiples of IM and Cap. i did skip the regular and movie promo CW Cap just because it was not different enough from the AoU version for me.
Well I'm a sucker, I'll probably get more SW to go along with my 3 Caps lol.

I just love the look of them, can't go wrong with superhero figures in my mind, the costumes just look great and they display so well altogether.

I try (it'a very hard) to find people who are impartial. People who will give me an objective opinion on the figure. Good or bad. The most honest reviewer out there is Clipperking.He doesn't get stuff for free from sideshow or other sellers. He just review. And he does not lover everything. If he think there's a porblem, he will mention it. It wont get downplayed cause he love the figure or got it for free. And I REALLY like that he unpacks it in a separate video - cause I like to be like a virgin when I unpack. Open the box and see it for myself for the first time.
I also like Danoby2 and Benjamin - sure, they are a bit sour, but they also have a point. We (the costumers) have the power. If we refuse to buy something cause of not different enough or not enough accessories - then Hot Toys will change the figures in the future. It's very simple. If we just buy everything they dish out, they will keep giving us "Promo editions" like battle Cap. I'm in no way dissing that you if like this figure - cool. But objectively... This release is pretty slim.
I think Xeno and Dark Angel are WAY too one sided in their reviews. Xeno does fantastic lighting and camerawork, so if you just want to see the figure - he is your best bet. If you want an objective opinion with a lot of good and bad things pointed out - then Clipperking is by far the best choice

I'm subscribed to his channel but I don't watch a lot of his videos. I don't get that either, of course they are there to make money :slap Thinking otherwise is just plain stupid :lol

I actually come here for news and opinions about Hot Toys and youtube for reviews. I just can't watch reviews of somebody like that who complains more than reviews :lol That's why I prefer ApeManRyans reviews or Xenomorphs or my favourite Darkangels reviews. They can be impartial and fair and are just people worth listening to :dance

I try (it'a very hard) to find people who are impartial. People who will give me an objective opinion on the figure. Good or bad. The most honest reviewer out there is Clipperking.He doesn't get stuff for free from sideshow or other sellers. He just review. And he does not lover everything. If he think there's a porblem, he will mention it. It wont get downplayed cause he love the figure or got it for free. And I REALLY like that he unpacks it in a separate video - cause I like to be like a virgin when I unpack. Open the box and see it for myself for the first time.
I also like Danoby2 and Benjamin - sure, they are a bit sour, but they also have a point. We (the costumers) have the power. If we refuse to buy something cause of not different enough or not enough accessories - then Hot Toys will change the figures in the future. It's very simple. If we just buy everything they dish out, they will keep giving us "Promo editions" like battle Cap. I'm in no way dissing that you if like this figure - cool. But objectively... This release is pretty slim.
I think Xeno and Dark Angel are WAY too one sided in their reviews. Xeno does fantastic lighting and camerawork, so if you just want to see the figure - he is your best bet. If you want an objective opinion with a lot of good and bad things pointed out - then Clipperking is by far the best choice

I agree completely. How can a reviewer NOT say the that battling Cap is rip-off...
I like SW ; at least a new costume and makeup but the Cap... Come on ! How is it already waitlisted?? It has less stuff than the CW one! Ok there'a scratch on the shield and a reused base.
If WE keep up buying stuff like this THEY will continue increasing prices and give us less.... It's that simple....

I agree completely. How can a reviewer NOT say the that battling Cap is rip-off...
I like SW ; at least a new costume and makeup but the Cap... Come on ! How is it already waitlisted?? It has less stuff than the CW one! Ok there'a scratch on the shield and a reused base.
If WE keep up buying stuff like this THEY will continue increasing prices and give us less.... It's that simple....

Then you should not be buying hot toys if you think it's that simple and a rip off. This is normal. Last years movie promo was a repainted figure with a reused base of a figure that had already been used for a movie promo and multiple variant releases. It's sole accesory...a couple hands. And it was over 100 dollars MORE expensive.

But sure...this figure is so outside the norm...stop it.

While it is nice to have pieces that gain value, I don't resell, only people who be make money from this is whoever inherits when I die. :)

I got her because I wanted a Scarlet Witch real bad to go with Quicksilver, and I while the previous one was nice, I am not fond of seeing joints on knees and elbows, but that's a personal preference. I also love the costume on this one.

Back