1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will sell out that fast.

You're probably right. I was tempted to wait 2 weeks & get a further $20 off in reward points, but decided not to risk it for a $5/month savings on flex pay. Still had enough for $15 off. :)

Looks like I wasn't such an idiot when I brought up golden age cap and that every single year since they have done movie promos at least one figure sells out in less then a day. So much for those "that was two years ago" stuff huh. Strange

Hey Motux, good job playing both sides with your predictions! :lol

I said I don't think it will but that it very well could. Based on past history. Not that it absolutely would, I thought probably a week, but that it was entirely possible and plausible it could sell out and that telling everyone there's no chance it would was wrong

No justification necessary - I just couldn't resist poking fun. After I read your post about at least one movie promo selling out in less than a day, I remembered I'd responded to an earlier post where you speculated that this one wouldn't. But rest assured that I find your contributions & insights most welcome, so I hope you'll take it in the good natured way it was intended. :)

It is shocking in a way that it used to be only Cap and Iron Man exclusives sell out in one day. The fact that a character who just appeared in one movie, let alone in a costume that appeared on screen for 7 seconds can sell out just as fast just shows you a) how many people like this outfit of hers b) how many people are underwhelmed by her CW outfit c) how many will just get whatever exclusives they put out regardless of character d) how many people have tons of disposable income.

It is shocking in a way that it used to be only Cap and Iron Man exclusives sell out in one day. The fact that a character who just appeared in one movie, let alone in a costume that appeared on screen for 7 seconds can sell out just as fast just shows you a) how many people like this outfit of hers b) how many people are underwhelmed by her CW outfit c) how many will just get whatever exclusives they put out regardless of character d) how many people have tons of disposable income.

And I pick A. I have wanted her in this outfit since last year. 7 seconds of screen time is a lot compared to the 1 second or no screen time for some IM figures :lol

This is the only Scarlet Witch figure i am getting

This is exactly what I was afraid of. As a huge Scarlet Witch fan, I MUST have all of the figures lol hopefully you guys are right and she'll follow in GA Captain America's footsteps.

Haha can you really? I only see it for like 300 everywhere i check.

Here's one that was NIB for $215 on ebay just last week. Sometimes it pays to stalk ebay every day; now I just need a good deal on the stealth Cap figure I shouldn't buy. :gah:

And thanks to everyone in this thread (enablers, the whole lot of you! :lol), I got talked into joining the waitlist for this (and the new Cap). If history is any indication, I'm fairly certain both will convert. I'm still on the fence with both figures, but I'd rather get on the waitlist now just in case I do end up wanting either/both of them.

It's just a neat outfit. I love the civil war outfit too so I'll be getting that one too. Will have a nice scarlet witch rotation.

That's probably what I'll end up with as well after already having the current AoU version and now having PO'd the NA version.

Hope you're happy by the way, Kiki. :lol

I have disposable income and still was hesitant to purchase this .Oh well, if I get it I get it. I'm not losing sleep over it

A.. I've wanted her since the Toy Soul photos.. I'd prefer Ultron mk 1 over Prime too, and he only had one short scene.. Most of which was shown in the trailer.

I have wanted her since the Toy Soul pictures as well. I was uninterested in the AOU version because of her rather "unprofessional" look, for lack of a better description. I was totally not expecting HT to be making this version as it was on screen for 7 seconds and she is no Iron Man. So I was royally delighted to see the sample at Toy Soul thinking it would be another regular release, I even ordered a AOU necklace (with the never sold out AOU version came out around that time) for her since she doesn't have one thinking PO will start soon, before the wave of CW figures starts to hit! The subsequent silence and lack of pictures made me worried that this would end up being like a Drax or worse, a Prof. X.

Strangely enough last weekend, a thought suddenly hit me that "what if she is a con exclusive?" And I have to go through another summer exclusives season to get her? Then as luck would have it, the pictures from HT Japan start showing confirming my fear that this lovely figure is indeed an exclusive of some kind! Oh man! Would this end up being a priced out of reach figure? Well, SSC finally opened for PO after much fan speculation including my own and I had thought about my Maria Hill experience - I ordered on day 1 but it never sells out! But the better half of me placed the order anyway and now I am surly glad that I preordered it. Now I just have cough up the money somehow...and my AOU necklace may finally be put to good use...

Funny thing is, some people will say the figure is completely unnecessary because it only comes from such a short scene... Yet we have a movie promo exclusive of a figure which was already up for order anyway in the form of Captain America. Some people are ordering it, even though they've already ordered the original Civil War figure.. At least this is a completely different version. The only part that doesn't make that much sense is, making it a movie promo figure when the character is from two movies ago

It would be like finally releasing a movie promo Thor 1 Loki to tie in with the movie release of The Avengers... Actually I'd have been down with that if I was collecting at the time... :yess:

Funny thing is, some people will say the figure is completely unnecessary because it only comes from such a short scene... Yet we have a movie promo exclusive of a figure which was already up for order anyway in the form of Captain America. Some people are ordering it, even though they've already ordered the original Civil War figure.. At least this is a completely different version. The only part that doesn't make that much sense is, making it a movie promo figure when the character is from two movies ago

It would be like finally releasing a movie promo Thor 1 Loki to tie in with the movie release of The Avengers... Actually I'd have been down with that if I was collecting at the time... :yess:

Last years movie promo was from Avengers 1 license. They have to make figures from a license every so often or they lose the rights to the film.

Last years movie promo was from Avengers 1 license. They have to make figures from a license every so often or they lose the rights to the film.

Is that the MkVII Stealth?... mind you, they can rerelease any of the old IM suits at any time and people will snap those up.. ;)

Yeah. That's the one. And it may be true that iron man sells..I was just pointing out that it's not uncommon for the figures to be from older films. Actually it's more common.

You summoned me? :lol Happy about what? That I got her, or that you're getting her? :rotfl

More the latter, but both. :lol

I was referring to a few days ago when I stated I was contemplating passing on this figure and going for the likely CW version, and I said that I may just end up with all three SW figures and you responded that I really need to.

Well, PO'd this version and will likely get the CW version as well to go along with my current SW. :lol

I was referring to a few days ago when I stated I was contemplating passing on this figure and going for the likely CW version, and I said that I may just end up with all three SW figures and you responded that I really need to.

Well, PO'd this version and will likely get the CW version as well to go along with my current SW. :lol

:lol That makes sense! Well in that case, you're welcome :rotfl

I'm in the same boat though. Pre-order AAAALLLL THE WANDA FIGURES :lol

I am going to end up doing the same thing. Getting all versions of Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. I just wonder when they will announce the CW Black Widow.

:lol That makes sense! Well in that case, you're welcome :rotfl

I'm in the same boat though. Pre-order AAAALLLL THE WANDA FIGURES :lol

:rotfl

Back