1/6 Hot Toys - MMS357 - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Ver.) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) Figure

I always thought this was the costume designers way of sneaking the headpiece in, in some sort of way but I would hope that she actually gets the real headpiece.

ozUW5aB.png

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Scarlet Witch (New Avengers Version) Figure

I still love the Uncanny Avengers Wanda the most and really hope to see it someday. We're getting close to it but this is just my ideal Wanda to eventually see.

latest

Reminds me a bit of the costume we saw the Phoenix in during X-men 3...
01_kr1t.jpg

Is that supposed to be Famke Janssen? Looks more like Anna Paquin. :lol

lol - yea. Not sure if it's bad craftsmanship or an attempt to be generic because they don't have the rights to her likeness. It is interesting the figure is called "Phoenix Girl", and not Jean Gray or Dark Phoenix.

Well when i said this costume was wasted for AoU, i meant in that u will never see her fight in it since it's only glimpsed for a few seconds at the end. Also we will never see it again in the future since CW has her already wearing a different one. So to me its a waste of a good costume.

I always thought this was the costume designers way of sneaking the headpiece in, in some sort of way but I would hope that she actually gets the real headpiece.

ozUW5aB.png

Yup that's awesome :clap I think it's great that the buckle is the helmet shape too :clap

As soon as I saw this, I cancelled my original Scarlet Witch order and am now waiting on this. Then, I saw the final images of the AOU SW and she looks incredible. I was torn! Should I re-order? However, this one will fit better alongside my other figures as she looks more like an official Avenger, which is the whole point of this outfit really.

I also like the way the M shaped wimpole has been worked into the outfit!

As soon as I saw this, I cancelled my original Scarlet Witch order and am now waiting on this. Then, I saw the final images of the AOU SW and she looks incredible. I was torn! Should I re-order? However, this one will fit better alongside my other figures as she looks more like an official Avenger, which is the whole point of this outfit really.

I also like the way the M shaped wimpole has been worked into the outfit!

If you only want one SW that conforms to the Avengers motif and don't plan on having Quicksilver, then I'd go with this one.

If you only want one SW that conforms to the Avengers motif and don't plan on having Quicksilver, then I'd go with this one.

You mean the Avengers outfit not the casual look? Agreed. No plans for Quicksilver at all!

You mean the Avengers outfit not the casual look? Agreed. No plans for Quicksilver at all!

Yes, correct. The "New Avengers Version" figure that this thread is based on. If you don't have any plans to pair her with a Quicksilver and are just looking to get one SW, then I'd go with this one. :)

You can always order this one and if you still want the current version, get it months from now, possibly at a discount.

Maybe it will help somebody. It's def. no must-have, but a solid release.

Thanks for the vid, xeno, but it should probably go in the other SW thread. :lol

I'll stick with the New Avengers outfit - it looks awesome. The Civil War one isn't quite as strong and also I'm not sure they'll do a third version of the Witch so soon. We may have to wait till she's back in Infinity War 1!

You know it!!

I waited on ordering the AOU version and now glad I did. I really like the looks of this one compared to the AOU, maybe it's the facial expression of the AOU..

I'll stick with the New Avengers outfit - it looks awesome. The Civil War one isn't quite as strong and also I'm not sure they'll do a third version of the Witch so soon. We may have to wait till she's back in Infinity War 1!

That's pretty much it. I just think the outfit looks a little better than what we have seen in the CW trailer. As for release dates, the only MCU figure reveals from the last show that Sideshow have listings for are War Machine Mk3 and the power pose of the Mk46. So this New Avenger version is some time away from release, and a Civil War version (if it is ever even announced, let alone released.... Hello GG Drax) will be even further away.

I'm prepared to ignore the AoU version for now, because I like the look of the New Avenger version, but I just don't go down the path of planning my figure collection around releases that haven't even been teased from future movies..

Back