1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Push forward on the top rear of the neck peg, works easy for me.

Quick thank you, Yoshi. Took your advice and mine came off with ease. Like mentioned by another, neck shot out and went flying across my couch :). Again, thanks for that tip!

Even with the hairdryer?! I know how you feel I used pliers and they only worked a bit to where it was enough to tug off with hands. Yeah it caused me to scratch it sadly and was not fun. This figure is not a fun figure in terms of switching stuff out and turning stuff on. Not fun at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For future reference: if you're going to resort to pliers, better to use a pair *without* teeth -- but whatever you use, wrap the piece in question with either cling-wrap or masking tape to prevent direct contact between the metal and the figure. That said, pressure may still damage it.

For future reference: if you're going to resort to pliers, better to use a pair *without* teeth -- but whatever you use, wrap the piece in question with either cling-wrap or masking tape to prevent direct contact between the metal and the figure. That said, pressure may still damage it.

Hopefully I never have to deal with a figure's neck post like Mk46's ever again lol! Thanks for the tip never thought of wrapping it in plastic don't know why.

Oh I know, took a while just to get the batteries in, and now I might take em out after hearing its not good to keep them in there for long periods. The lower torso was also a pain to unhook, eventually came loose after all the force I was using to hold on to the torso while trying to remove the neck lol.

thanks ryan! you lifesaver! that did the trick!! :clap :clap
It snapped off and flew about 3ft in the air lol

turns out there was this sticky glue on the neck peg thats holding the neck in place. I rubbed it off, hopefully should be easier now.

So that's why the neck post was a pain in the ass to get off the first time why would they do that? Sticky glue? Is that really necessary? It's already on a thick ball joint in box that's fitted to the figure accurately enough to decrease movement inside! Ppl continue to amaze me with some of their "thought out" decisions.

Turns out when sideshow says they're sending a replacement torso they really mean a torso. No head, no arms, no legs. Unfortunately the torso wasnt where my dead LED was located. My original message and photo clearly indicated left shoulder pad. They must have thought it was part of the torso. Fingers crossed they can recognize and fix the error. This also means I'm going to need to *cringe* rip the arm off my figure.

Oh I know, took a while just to get the batteries in, and now I might take em out after hearing its not good to keep them in there for long periods. The lower torso was also a pain to unhook, eventually came loose after all the force I was using to hold on to the torso while trying to remove the neck lol.

I did the same with the ones I have with LEDs. I pop em in long enough to check that they work, snap some photos, and take them out. I'd rather look at a photo of it lit than risk leakage.

Turns out when sideshow says they're sending a replacement torso they really mean a torso. No head, no arms, no legs. Unfortunately the torso wasnt where my dead LED was located. My original message and photo clearly indicated left shoulder pad. They must have thought it was part of the torso. Fingers crossed they can recognize and fix the error. This also means I'm going to need to *cringe* rip the arm off my figure.

Sounds like they needed to wait another year almost to make sure all capabilities were functioning correctly before releasing this. They also needed to add tools to make accessibility less hectic and enduring.

I had a very similar experience with my WMIII. The right hand light switch was busted, and I mentioned I needed a right arm in my email. Long story short, they screwed up and sent me a left arm instead. Then I had to go through the whole song and dance again to get them to ship me a good right arm...*sigh*

I asked them if they want the good left arm back, they said no...

Mine arrived today and i had no trouble with the batteries etc. Don't get the issue so many people here are complaining about.

DSC_7401.jpg

^Nice man! Mine is finally installed in the cabinet. I love it even more than I thought I would:

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

Thanks! I already changed it again to only Cpt. America & Iron Man. Ant-Man is going on the shelf with Dr. Strange & Thor.

Thanks! I already changed it again to only Cpt. America & Iron Man. Ant-Man is going on the shelf with Dr. Strange & Thor.

Wow wish I had that option of Doctor Strange! I also would like Cap now. I mean I've been wanting him (AoU version) but not an extreme want at the moment.

Saturday night, both kids and fiancée asleep: See what friends are up to? Get some much needed sleep myself? Nah. Play with toys!

Just slightly reposed and pulled the headsculpt back out. It's so tough deciding whether to go with the Iron Man helmet or the TS headsculpt. This felt like the best way to do both (though you have to ignore the fact that the helmet should technically be retracted into the suit :lol)

IMG_20170805_213358.jpg

Saturday night, both kids and fiancée asleep: See what friends are up to? Get some much needed sleep myself? Nah. Play with toys!

Just slightly reposed and pulled the headsculpt back out. It's so tough deciding whether to go with the Iron Man helmet or the TS headsculpt. This felt like the best way to do both (though you have to ignore the fact that the helmet should technically be retracted into the suit :lol)

View attachment 358155

He looks a little feminine in that post.

That's cool man everyone is entitled to their opinion. Care to share any pictures of yours in a more masculine pose? I'm always down for posing tips.

Its the way the bent leg is pointing outward instead of straightforward and the slim waist and wide hips of the figure(a feminine build) make it stand out. I'm not trying to be a prick but I can see where theBatman might've seen it as feminine. Here's a similar pose:

oscars.jpg

Back